Maine Two Footers/the Edaville Railroad (original)/the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad And Museum

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by fanmail2tsmgl, May 17, 2019.

1. fanmail2tsmgl

fanmail2tsmgl Member

I have been a fan of narrow gauge railroading in the United States. I have recently downloaded and used the East Broad Top Railroad Route for train sim (link for the facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/BroadTopSimulations/.) Anyways, with this, I really want to see some Two-foot gauge railroads, more specifically the Monson, WW&F Rwy (Wiscasset, Waterville, and Farmington,) The Bridgton and Saco River/Bridgton and Harrison, and the well known Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes. All these railroads contributed to the creation of the Edaville railroad along with about three diesel switchers (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and a regauged plantation Forney. About all the rolling stock came from a variety of railroads, later most, if not all, renamed to Edaville. The locomotives consisted of Monson numbers 3 and 4, and B&SR/B&H numbers 7 and 8. In 1991 though the railroad was evicted and was put up for sale in 1991 (and this would continue into up until 2010.) The Railroad then officially ceased operations the next year and most of the original equipment was sold to become the "Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad and Museum." The last time the Railroad operated the "original" locomotives was in an attempt to reopen the railroad/park when Two former employees/engineers borrowed Monson #3 from Maine and ran it and B&SR/B&H #7 for Fred Richardson's 80th birthday. #21 the Anne Elizabeth was brought to the railroad and most original buildings like the station and engine house were demolished. There were plans to build a roundhouse. The last trip over the "original" line was in late 2005. The park/railroad was eventually reconstructed and in a way restored. Leaving on that note, I also want to also mention the MNGRR&M. Even though they have a short ROW, I still would be intrested in seeing this as a route, let alone all the roads mentioned above.

• Like Like x 4
  2. mandalore1

mandalore1 New Member

Another 2 footer fan here (my family worked on the B&SR). A group built the Monson and started building a Bridgton sim several years back (2011) in MSTS, I believe. Their postings on Elvas Tower is here: http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16488-maine-1920-the-bsr/

Now that I'm starting to look at the software out there, this is becoming more interesting and if I do buy in, I'll get an account at Elvas and find out how far that project went.

• Like Like x 2