Make Trains Available To Drive Immediately

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, May 17, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to take over a service, for example taking over a passenger train at a station mid-route, I always have to reset the train to be able to drive it. The train, even if running, needs to have all the controls set to be able to drive it (brakes released, reverser set, auxiliary engine control switches powered on). I would like a feature that lets us NOT do that when taking over a service in TSW. This would make players not delay the train when taking over, since you have to reset the train. In addition, I would like for the controls to move exactly the same when under AI control as when a player is driving a train. This would make the game more realistic in addition to the preset controls. Basically when the AI applies throttle on a locomotive, the throttle moves in respect to the applied position. When the brakes are applied/released, you get the idea. All of this would make the game more realistic, feel free to give your opinions in the comments below!:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree resetting controls is pointless and everything should be the same for AI vs Player. I would also like AI to obey the speed limit, I was in CSX HH and rode a train to Shaw mines and it did not obey the speed limits for the route. In found in the three different speed zones the train was not following the posted limits. In a 50 zone it was going 75, in a 35 zone it was going 50 and in a 25 zone it was going 40.

• Like Like x 2