Making The Most Of Loco Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, May 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

This is for Previous and Future routes but is mainly an idea for the Loco DLCs and how they can Potentially make further use of Current Loco DLCs.

Loco DLC adds locos to routes but its generally for that route especially US Locos because then they need a new livery added if it were to make sense being layered on a route with a completely different Company running it. there is also the fact that if they layer it in to another route but it wont have much content at most a few New services. what they can do is have it so if you own one Loco DLC and a route that it isnt Made for said loco but would fit in, they can have it so you get a special Download that give you content for the loco on that route, this can be extended to routes as well but i think loco DLC makes a hint more sense.

so thats my idea i reworked it from when i posted this thread yesterday so the below comments may not make to much sense

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Far as I know UP does not run them on Cane Creek.

3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Yea true thats likely but i mainly used it as an Example of how it could work a better candidate would be the C40-8W though

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If you are not going for a modern route it would work, but UP also owned the rebuilt C41-8W. So some modifications would need to be made.

Also UP has deadlined their Dash 8's and 9's in modern times. You are not gonna see them in any service IRL anytime soon.

A more probable candidate would be the return of the GP40-2, and falling in the footsteps of TS1, and release a GP40-2 pack. CSX and UP both use the locomotive, and can fit in on Cane Creek, Peninsula Corridor and Sand Patch Grade. Canadian National also does own a few Ex-GTW GP40's, but their roster mainly contains widecab GP40-2LW's
    GTW CN 6425 -1A ex DTI 425 GP40-2 CB IA 7-13-14  1920LR.jpg mrn_CN9531-DoltonIL.jpg