Malmö – Helsingborg - Northbound (in This Case:) Båstad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ben132465798, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Alright, let’s start with a bit about the route itself: It starts at Malmö Central, freight services at Malmö godsbangård which means as much as freight station. From there there’s a single route until Kävlinge, there the route splits into two, the fast line going via Teckomatorp and Åstorp to Båstad and the slow line via Landskrona, Helsingborg and Maria (Yes that’s a place) with the main highlights being Helsingborg a Train and ferry combined station and some single track running along the coast of Sweden.
    Rolling Stock: This route would come with 2 EMUs and the possibility to reuse some existing rolling stock, but more about that later.
    The first EMU would Skånetrafikens Alstom Corodia Nordix X61 be, which run there in a high number.
    The second EMU would be Öresundstågs SJ X31K running mostly fast paced and rare stopping service while the Corodia Nordic runs regional services.
    I said some locos could be modified to use there. That would be theroretically every german loco since it’s the same electrification system but realistically that would be the 185 and 182, those run there. But they’d needed to be modified due to another signaling system and I think it’d be fine to price them for 15$ who owns them and for 25$ who doesn’t own them since they would need a bit of remodeling for the train safety systems. Any freight wagon with normal gauge could run there, so again, any German stuff, which would be again, realistic.

I did write Northbound since the suggestion is just to mark a fix point but I'd be happy to have a line from Malmö via Helsingborg going northbound, how far, that's left for the developer to decide, Båstad is just there to mark a fixed point

If that's possible this route would come with the snow from Boston Sprinter and lightning from Nahverkehr Dresden,as well as some QOL updates: I.e. you can see the train date in the timetable, by that I mean weight and length, another QOL update would be the possibility to edit default liveries.

Building this route could lay the foundation for more Swedish scenic routes since there are many and would allow also a new country to join the TSW2 franchise. Especially once the signalling and safety systems are in this game this could open up a lot of possibilitys

A possible Loco add on would be the SJ Class RC with night trains and some freight services.

Below I’m going to post pictures of the Corodia Nordic, the X31 and a Cab ride with the X31 as well as a screenshot from Openrailwaymaps with the suggested routes running a blue marker next to it, and, as you can see, there are possibilities for Branch line connecting the 2 mainlines.

Route map.png

That's the Corodia Nordic X61
    Alstom Corodia Nordic X61.png

This is the Sj X31K from which can couple up to 5 units together
    X31.png
    X31 Cab.png

And that's the Night train I mentioned
    Night train.png

I originally wanted to show a Video of a cab ride of a part of this route but somehow this disappears every time

If you've read this far, thank you:)
    I'm open and I hope for feedback in the comments, see you there!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Unfortunately In the latest stream, Matt stated quite clearly the challenges and issues deviating from the current core territories would pose. So despite being a good candidate, doesn’t seem likely in the future.

3. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Since I don't watch every stream I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. I'll leave it but I'm going to lower my hopes, while still hoping new 3rd parties will join TSW DLC developing and we will see this gem in the future