Euro Fishing Manor Farm. Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by tracko644, Sep 7, 2017.

1. tracko644

tracko644 Member

I'm thinking of getting the dlc for PS4 but is it worth it?

2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

Value is a very personal standard. For me, I usually think about entertainment value. I think what it would cost to go to the theater or out for a nice dinner and then, if the DLC is an equal cost I figure it is a good deal, as I will enjoy it longer than the movie or meal.

The thing that would make me recommend Manor Farm are the things that are not there. There are no comic book super hero fish, all the boss fish are within the realms of a real trip to this lake. Also, no cartoonish explosions of strikes. They are coming at a slower rate for me and seem more real world. You will also find the bosses include some legends of Manor Farm that are no longer alive. There appears to be no stalking, only fishing from pegs...there are signs all around the lake that say so and I haven't been able to slip by them to dip a bait. The last gen graphics are also gone. The setting is beautiful with current generation graphics...perhaps better than my Xbox One can handle, tbh.

The original game did have the "taint" of an arcade game. That is what's missing at Manor Lake. The effort has been to stay true to the real life setting and experience. That's pretty cool. It has actually forced me to fish both harder and smarter, so no complaints here. This setting shows how the game is maturing as a fishing sim. So, yeah, to me it has definitely been worth it. Hope that helps.

3. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Since the Manor, the game has become a little tougher to get the bug fish for me. I do A Lot of waiting.

But I love the game and it's improvements. I took months off because of the bugs, but now glad to see it back.

4. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Using that logic, Its less than 3 pints, might as well!

5. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Now that makes me want to get it :) Nice little write up and to the point at what is important.