Many Problems With The Editor

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by Thijs053_NL, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Thijs053_NL

Thijs053_NL Well-Known Member

I cannot adjust the height of any track rule or track, nor can I use the superelevation tool. He doesn't want to select the track to edit it.

I also cannot make the ground to a specific height such as 20 meters. Now I have to guess what 20M height is (This is after inserting the DEM files).

I also sometimes have problems placing the track. Then I put down a piece and add another piece, then it crashes and makes everything 100% corrupt and I can't do anything anymore.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We are all in the same boat to some extent.

In retrospect it was not a good idea to put this out with (apparently) many features not working and/or no clear instructions on the processes.

I haven't tried superelevation myself but I couldn't get the crossover function to work. So it seems many of the features are either disabled or require a method of working that ordinary users cannot grasp without some help.

• Like Like x 2
  3. trainsimman#7413

trainsimman#7413 New Member

you need to use paint tool with an available texture and paint the terrain first. Weird but sculp tool then works.

BP_Track_UK_Main allows you to raise/llower/superelevate the track heights. any other track do not allow.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. KrisKol

KrisKol Active Member

There are console commands that are supposed to be in the editor that are "missing" for some daft reason.
    Some of those comands relate to using KML files to generate your entire route, and lay all of its Geodata in one fell swoop kind of thing. But its missing along with cooking assets and maybe other bits we havent noticed yet. Thats why I am just leaving it at the moment.

5. Thijs053_NL

Just checked, that doesn't work for me either.:|

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thijs053_NL

I figured out how it works (It turns out it's only possible on the end pieces). Not in the middle of a stretch of track. :|