Maple Leaf Motoring Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by dkramer, Feb 21, 2020.

1. dkramer

dkramer New Member

In the Maple Leaf Motoring scenario I have trouble starting the train after coupling the second rake of auto carriers. I can start the train if i go notch 8 and keep sanding, but there is severe wheelslip up until apout 5 mph and even then i cannot get above 6.5 mph even going downhill (and going above 1.1k amps). If I throttle back the train comes to stop without any brake applied.
    I walked the train and tried releasing all handbrakes (all were released as default), tried to release brakes from both the lead and trailing locomotive through the auto brake handle and brake valve.
    I am at loss about what to do.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Which route?

3. dkramer

dkramer New Member

Oakville Sub division, Train sim World

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  4. thrashmetal86

thrashmetal86 New Member

I ran into the bug too. If you look at the HOTD display, the brake pipe pressure at the end of the train won't change no matter what you do to the automatic. Dump the air, and it changes to zero but won't recharge at the back of the train.

I fixed it by uncoupling the first rake of cars that you picked up from the plant from the second that was sitting in the yard (split point is one or two cars ahead of the crossover switch the second rake is sitting on), pulling forward, and then backing up to recouple.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I tried this ‘fix’ tonight when I ran into this same issue again. I don’t think there was an issue with the pressure at the back of my train (will have to check my saved replay), but uncoupling and coupling the cars back up resolved the issue. Thanks for passing your info on to other players... not sure this will work for everyone, but it definitely did for me.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This situation has been reported elsewhere in these forums, but since the search feature works so poorly, I'll repeat the solution in this thread.
    The cabs of both engines included in this DLC have a device called Banking COMM that allows multiple engines to communicate with each other via radio. In several Oakville Subdivision activities, this must be turned on (see screenshot below) in order to achieve full speed. Be aware that if the number of engines changes, Banking COMM will turn itself off and must be turned on again by the driver of the lead engine.

upload_2020-3-22_10-39-56.jpeg