Bassmaster 2022 Maps, Catch Rate, Snag.....why?

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Brijul630, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Brijul630

Brijul630 New Member

Why does the minimap disappear randomly? Especially after reeling in.

I don't know why I continue to support these games that have the same issues game to game.

Is the bite/catch ratio super slow, compared to The Catch? The Snag feature is pretty annoying and adds nothing to the game. There is no skill required for this to happen/not happen.

Only one boat launch per map? Or am I totally missing that.

2. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

Are you hitting "B" to cancel your cast while you're reeling the lure in (i.e. in order to speed up throwing out your next cast)?

Pressing B when your character is standing on the boat but not actively powering up a cast will toggle between different display modes: the split fishfinder/map, a full fishfinder, a full map, or the display off.

I have found that if you are close to having the lure all the way reeled in (as in the lure is already out of the water but your line is not 100% reeled in yet), and you hit B to cancel the cast, sometimes it seems to toggle the display instead. I think the reason is that the game realizes the cast has already been retrieved so there is nothing to cancel - hence you are already back into the state where your character is standing on the boat but not actively powering up a cast (see above).

Also, if you're unintentionally double tapping B here, it will cancel the cast and it seems to register that second tap as a command to toggle the display mode, at least in my experience (although this is not always consistent).

3. rustyfishpro#4937

rustyfishpro#4937 New Member

Works for me..but I have hit B myself..

4. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

As an addendum - it also appears that if you press "B" to expand the catch info/stat menu (i.e. to see how many bass buck or followers you just earned) while your character is posing with the fish you've just caught... it will cycle through the different display modes for the mini-map/fishfinder in the HUD (for confirmation, you will also hear the "bloop" sound effect that you hear when you press "B" while intentionally trying to change the HUD display.

I believe this is an unintended bug of sorts... I have tested it by trying multiple combinations of pressing "B" to expand/close/re-expand the display while my character holds the fish, and it subsequently cycles through the relevant display modes for your HUD until you have no display visible (or it switches to the next display in the cycle - from split map/fishfinder, to map only, to fishfinder only, to no HUD).