Marias Pass Is Still My Favorite Route?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benjaminlucasbl303, Apr 29, 2020.

1. benjaminlucasbl303

benjaminlucasbl303 New Member

don't own them all, but each time I run a scenario, or series of scenarios, I always think to myself, this is my favorite. I just did a 7 part series, "The Saga Local", a really great series of scenarios in the workshop, this series runs all parts of the route and has you doing pick ups and drop offs along the way. This really reminded me how much I enjoy this route, it has mountain grades, high speed plains running, double and single track sections, a lot of switching all along the route, and great scenery.

What else could you want in a route! If this route was ever redone in TSW I sure wouldn't complain.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Where can you purchase Marias Pass

3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's only available in the Steam store if you are based in the US. You may find a copy on Amazon or one of the many other resellers with a bit of searching.

4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

That’s disappointing as workshop’s Adriana Country requires it as a dependancy to work.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Anyone who bought Marias Pass before the restriction also has access to workshop content using it. This includes worldwide buyers up to 2015.

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I agree, it is also my favorite route.

7. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

DTG Protagonist TrainSim-Steve All of lorenzodeanld 's posts have spam links in (the one tagged here has them in the quote). You should probably just delete the user (feel free to delete this post when you're done since it's pretty irrelevant to the topic at hand.)

8. RGoo

RGoo Member

Yeah they are in the articles they are pirate sites or hacked vpns
    They are in the quotes but not the original arrival so it appears the account is hacked/hacking

9. crocoyes6

crocoyes6 New Member

I have known issues with Cutbank area of Marias Pass route. I have find out, that there is update, but I have few questions. There are many version, which is the best? How about compatibility with activities for default version - I downloaded some additional? Are there any activities for the updated version? Thanks for help.

10. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I just tried Greenman Gaming who use to sell it outside of the USA but a message comes up not available in your area. I actually do have all the BNSF routes as I got them before the ban. I live outside of the USA.

11. isabelltwo

isabelltwo New Member

There are several versions of Marias out there--for one reason or another, I'm not very satisfied with any of them. Some do not correct the rather shabby trackwork in the original Kuju MSTS version. forpc.onl

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  12. trev123

trev123 Active Member

There is only one official one for TS2021 which is in the DTG/Steam store but only for those in the US.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Where are these "other" versions of Marias? One I saw is a 50s-70s; of course, it also still needs the BNSF Marias and Montana, the latter may or may not be US edition. LOL

14. archivid

archivid New Member

I have known issues with Cutbank area of Marias Pass route. I have find out, that there is update, but I have few questions. There are many version, which is the best? How about compatibility with activities for default version - I downloaded some additional? Are there any activities for the updated version? vidmate instagram video download

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  15. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I understand that there is the original Marias Pass now available on Steam. This is set in the modern era. The originators have released a backdated version set in the 1950s available in the Workshop, this needs the original to work. There are scenarios for both. There is no “Updated” version.
    In addition there is the Montana Hi-line also available on Steam and a Backdated version again set in the 1950s in the Workshop and scenarios for both.
    In the Workshop there is a link that is used so as to join the Marias Pass and Montana HiLine together making a huge route enabling long runs taking 5 hours or so but only one scenarios other than free roam that I am aware of but keep looking.
    Note: The Hi- line route is from Havre to Shelby, Montana and the Marias Pass between Shelby to Whitefish, Montana. Once you have Marias Pass (the original) installed there is a very good Workshop route that needs MP - Adriana County RailRoad, a "Shortline" which has a good number of scenarios.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Cutbank issues? "Activities"? I suppose you are talking about Microsoft Train Simulator (2001), which is DTG Train Simulator's grandfather. The original Marias Pass had totally overscaled grades (7%), and there was updates for it.

Like the honorable gentleman John Hayward said, for TS you have the standard version and a workshop version which is backdated.

17. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I remember that some of the grades were steep in the MSTS version but I didn't remember them that steep no wonder some of the scenarios were tough on the braking!! It was my favourite MSTS route until I got Leipzig - Dresden.

18. fabriono44

fabriono44 New Member

The Marias Pass is in ex-BN territory. The caboose was probably an ex-BN caboose too. I don't know the exact classes of BN cabooses, but it was probably built by the International Car Company. Many of the late extended-vision cabooses built at the end of the caboose age all looked pretty much the same and were International-built. They might have had different windows and smaller details, but their general appearance was pretty cookie-cutter across all the railroads.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022