Master List Of Japanese Route Suggestions / Thread For Discussions [outdated]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Commiee, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

https://tnk--ko-a-la9-jp.translate....tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=nui,se,op,elem
    According to this website which has the freight timetable from 2018 there are 20 freight services that traverse the line. All freight services services travel between Koshigaya Freight Terminal on the Musashino Line and Chiba Freight Station on the Keiyo Rinkai Main Line (freight only).The section between Futamatashimmachi Station and Soga Station is used for freight if we are talking exclusively about the Keiyo line.
    Soga station's freight holding lines are a specifically mentioned destination for all of the services. It is at Soga Station where the electric locomotives detach from their trains and head to the depot a Sugo, and a heavy duty diesel shunter from the Keiyo Rinkai Railway takes the train the rest of the way to Chiba Freight Station. Every one of the services has a designated arrival and departure time as Soga. So it would be suitable to use Soga Station as one of the start/end points, but Chiba Freight Station is not very far from Soga Station along and exclusive freight only line so I don't think it would be too far to extend it to there. But of course that would require the diesel shunter.
    On the other end of the Keiyo line section freight services use; freight trains don't have any clear stopping points until after they split from the Keiyo Line at Futamatashimmachi Station and on to the Musashino Line. The closest point mentioned in the timetable is at Ichikawa-Ono Station where there is a station length 3-track running section for freight services to stop for passing passenger trains (and 2 services have a specifically mentioned extended halt on this track) which isn't unreasonably far but is a bit odd as a point to stop passenger services.

And just to provide that information a bit more cleanly:
    Depart/Arrive Koshigaya Freight Terminal ↔ Minami-Nagareyama Station (freight can stop) ↔ Ichikawa-Ono Station (2 freight do stop) ↔ Soga Station (All stop) ↔ Chiba Freight Station Arrive/Depart
    Orange: Musashino Line
    Red: Keiyo Line (despite having 1 designated stop it still is a decent sized section of the distance)
    Blue: Keiyo Rinkai Main Line

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I belive it was progressively conver
    I know at the Tokyo end it was originally freight, a new link was built from what is now Shin Kiba station to the abandoned Narita Shinkansen platforms at Tokyo Station which is now the Keiyo line. The Stub from there to Odaiba then became part of the TWR Rinkai line. The TWR line was originally planned to be a freight line before the redevelopment of Odaiba int the 1980s/90s saw plans changed into a Passenger line

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Thank you to both. I also checked the JRF page and seems like they list the freight service in the area as part of the Musashino Line only, so freight probably would not be part of a Keiyō Line suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. Commiee

UW yesterday posted the first video of the Tōhoku Shinkansen DLC they are working on for TS Classic. Looks like they are focused on unbranded TSC content and not switching to UE for TSW :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Commiee

I'm thinking about whether arranging the list alphabetically or chronologically would be better than basing it on likes. Firstly, the likes probably would not mean that much to devs if they can't develop a certain route due to licensing, etc. Secondly, those who aren't active/haven't been on forums for a while are in a disadvantage of not being able to promote their proposals unlike those of us who post here frequently, meaning the likes-based list is not completely representative of objective popularity. On the other hand, the higher in the current list suggestions are, the higher the probability of them having detailed proposals and well-described info - maybe that's where likes play a role with time? I'm not sure which one is better.

I also want to make the list visually more interesting, e.g. by adding photos next to each thread link.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Commiee