Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Why is the ICE running wrong track and why is it on TSC site?

• Like Like x 3
  3. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I assume it's on the TSC forum because DTG want to sell TSW to us in the hope we give up:
    • Long routes
    • An enormous variety of content, both time and place.
    • A true editor
    • An open game system
    • Fantastic third party providers
    • The DLC collections we've built up
    For me that's an impossible sell, as I can't see any reason to pay more to get less.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. hayward.john48

Ditto, ditto, ditto.............
    TSW itself was a bitter disappointment and a lesson learned, once bitten etc.

If I knew how to delete it from my loading screen I would, it really irritates me.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

You do realise you can play two train games right? They aren't mutually exclusive and TSW is getting better and better.

What is disappointing about it other than the lack of public editor and why does it irritate you?

7. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

There is literally no reason for this to exist, these are things that could've been implemented into TSW2, but a $60-$70 new game > a free upgrade for an existing game.

8. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Yes, just like I could buy two cars, but I find it easier to own only one.

9. SJA

SJA Active Member

In my case, personally, the lack of a public editor is one of three things that bother me about it. The other two being freedom of scenario creation, and full consist editing.

TSW2 feels like a nice looking sim to play when I've had a few to drink. TSW3 may yet end up making me feel that way, once I've watched some video reviews of other people playing it over the early autumn. But then it may not :)

TSC gives me control and a large and diverse pool of stock - much of which is third party (along with some ace routes).

I certainly wouldn't like to jump on the current rant bandwagon happening on the TSW forums, as many of them are just rants, and nobody is coercing those peoples' money out of them. But I think structured criticism is fair enough.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. hayward.john48

Two train games - doh, why didn’t I think of that.

The picture irritates me as the ICE is either running wrong line or is right line wrong lights. One way it should have three not two white lights, the other way two red lights. It is entirely typical (sadly) of DTG that even on their own publicity shot they don’t get it right.

Without a publicly accessible editor it is not a simulation it is a driving game as per Grand Theft Auto etc. Way back to MSTS and many in between the editor has been a key feature of Train Simulators from whatever source.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1