Maybe Fix The Fcc Class 321?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AyrtonS8, Mar 30, 2018.

1. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

So I bought the FCC Class 321 today in the sale as it was 75% off and I was wanting some extra stock for the ECML London Peterborough route. After driving it for a bit I was pretty disappointed. It has a 'Mostly Negative' tag on it on Steam but I thought I would give it a go myself to see what its like.

I think the worst part of it is the sounds. They are too quiet on the outside of the train. When watching the train come towards you, its silent until the train is passing you. If you had your eyes closed and was only listening to sounds, you probably wouldn't think there is a train nearby. Even in the '3' view looking at the back of the train, its almost completely silent. Due to this, I don't even want to use it for AI in scenarios I make for Steam Workshop, let alone drive it.

So getting onto the point of this thread, can Dovetail possibly update the Class 321 to at least a decent/ok standard? I am sure many people, especially all those who wrote a negative comment on Steam, would appreciate this.

2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

I'll dig into this and see what we can do.

Trying to put more of a focus on improving existing content at the moment, so hopefully we'll be able to do something!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

- Jay

3. AyrtonS8

Thanks for reading it and hope something can be done to improve the train. I would rather existing content was improved and fixed rather than just more new stuff getting made and released all the time :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

If you are interested in a Pro Range really good model of the class 321, I would highly recommend Armstrong Powerhouse’s class 321. It comes with more scenarios, professionally recorded sounds, more liveries, and much more.

5. AyrtonS8

Yeah I did look at APs Class 321 but as a scenario creator for Steam Workshop, I like to buy content that is on Steam.

APs Class 321 does look good though, which is one reason why I mentioned about maybe updating the Class 321 as we can see what can really be done for that train :)