Medals (potential Problems)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Sep 16, 2020.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

NOTE - only for pedants :D

> In my opinion, it is not always possible to get enough points to get the highest score.
    > It is not always known whether the player is at fault or the game is at fault.

Publication of these data will allow you to compare yourself and others, or begin to delve into the details and determine where the problem lies. Assumption - 100% gold, for completed (!) Journeys chapters or completed Timetables.

For what? What to know if it is possible, and sometimes subsequent attempts and subsequent ones are very time-consuming :)

My completed not-all-gold:

Sand Patch Grade CHAPTER 3 Big Power:
    U876-B - Coal - Runaround at Yoda | SILVER

Ruhr-Sieg Nord CHAPTER 1 Freight Driver:
    Freight Exchange | SILVER
    DB 80103 Hagen - Boele | SILVER
    Returning Empty | SILVER

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I have the same experience with Ruhr-Sieg Nord medals. You can't make enough points for gold.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

- Screenshot Ruhr-Sieg Nord.PNG Okay, I don't understand this because I never understood or paid attention to medals. So after reading your posts I looked. I show gold medals in Ruhr-Sieg Nord for RB91 Hagen Hbf - Siegen Hbf and for the scenario Storm Trail. Those are the only routes I've run thus far in Ruhr-Sieg Nord.
    -
    -

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Fully agree with RSN, I lost max. 3-7 AP on precision stops but no Gold medal for that job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. padgett737

padgett737 New Member

The screenshot that shows the point totals for bronze, silver, and gold levels are for scenarios only. If you run a timetable service then the point level difference is not given. In my experience so far, when you achieve a medal, it is the only one you will get for that run. I have had no opportunity to go get the other two medals.You can run the service or scenario again and get a lower or higher action point total, but your first awarded medal will stand regardless. I have run services in what I thought were near perfect time frames and procedures only to get a silver. Game gives you no idea what you could have improved.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I've made a note of your feedback and this will get looked into as the gold medals should be achievable.

• Like Like x 4
  7. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

i'm having same problem getting gold medal on lirr change at jamaica

8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

It was the same In TSW2020, from what I have been told the way points were earned changed in TSW2020's lifetime, but not all services/scenarios were changed accordingly. Thus you now can't get gold on these except if you find a spot where you can go backwards and forwards for half an hour...

• Like Like x 1
  9. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I know this is the PC forum but this is the same for PS4, also needs looking at

• Like Like x 1
  10. globbits73

globbits73 Member

I think the "Three Becomes Two" scenario on Tees Valley in TSW2 (PC) has the same problem. I've tried it twice, and both times were around 500 points off gold. The table at the end of scenario which shows distance from the stop points has one entry that just says "-" instead of "0m", so maybe that's where the 500 points have gone if the trigger point is missing?

I also suspect that there are a couple of the visible blue stop markers that are out of step with where they get measured from, as in two separate places in the scenario, I've stopped 2 yards from where the UI tells me I should stop, but still lost 30 points? So maybe the issue affects a few of the action point triggers.

• Like Like x 1