Medway Valley And More

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tubespotter, May 28, 2022.

1. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

Soar through the picturesque English countryside in Train Sim World 2: The Medway Valley and More. Master the iconic Class 73 electro-diesel loco or take to the controls of two modern Electrostar units

Route length and stations

The 46mi 16ch route features 20 stations at Strood, Cuxton, Halling, Snodland, New Hythe, Aylesford, Maidstone Barracks, Maidstone West, East Farleigh, Wateringbury, Yalding, Beltring and Paddock Wood, where the route joins the SE Mainline. The section of the line between Paddock Wood and Tonbridge is provided before it branches onto the Redhill - Tonbridge line with stations at: Tonbridge, Leigh, Penshurst, Edenbridge, Godstone, Nutfield and Redhill, on the Brighton Mainline.

Rolling stock and service patterns

Services are operated by Southeastern, between Strood and Tonbridge and Southern between Tonbridge and Redhill using, almost exclusively, a fleet of Class 375 and 377 Electrostar units respectively. The route also sees regular RHTT/SITT trains operated using GBRf’s Class 73 locomotives T&T with RHTT wagons.

Class 375 (SE Blue)

2Txx Strood - Paddock Wood (1tph in each direction)

2Txx Strood - Tonbridge (1tph in each direction)

2Rxx Charing Cross - Dover/Ashford (2tph on each direction

Class 377 (SN Green)

2Axx Tonbridge - Redhill (2tph in each direction)

Class 73 (GBRf Blue)

3Yxx Tonbridge W Yd Return (+ RHTT Wagons)

3Wxx Tonbridge W Yd Return (+ RHTT Wagons)

0Yxx Tonbridge W Yd - Eastleigh Yd (x3 Light Loco)

Layers

Class 395 (SEHS) - AI at Strood and peak-hour 1Txx services to/from St Pancras (drivable between Strood and Maidstone West

Class 387 (BML) - AI at Redhill

Class 166 (GWE) - AI at Redhill

Class 465 (SEHS) - AI at Tonbridge

Summary

Train Sim World 2: The Medway Valley and More features:

• Highly detailed Class 73 locomotive in GBRf livery
    • Class 375 Electrostar in Southeastern livery
    • Class 377 Electrostar in Southern livery
    • RHTT wagons with spraying effects

Route map

I do understand people’s aversion to another southern electric route, but I feel the 73, if done properly, could really carry the route. Also a nice opportunity for RHTT, something TSW or TS has much of.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

This is my local route, and as much as I would like to see it within TSW, I would actually say no. Why? We already have this line in TSC, it is well represented there, and the opportunity should really be spent on building somewhere unexplored in train sims. An alternative idea could be the South Eastern Main Line between Tonbridge and Charing Cross, which is of a similar length but would possess a far more varied and busier timetable, including scope for RHTT trains.

3. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Whilst I am up for more modern UK routes, I simply just don't want more routes in the SouthEast right now, it's becoming tiresome driving the same old boring electrostars.

Lets try doing routes based in the North, Scotland or even Wales for a change

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why not add in either a 66 or 59 hauled aggregate wagon out of Allington?

5. humblepotato#5827

humblepotato#5827 Member

Fully agreed. Electrostars are nice but are getting boring and repetitive.

6. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Like the above I totally agree as the Electrostars are, like you say, becoming repetitive and aren't a challenge to drive.
    I also agree with the fact the southeast has got a good collection of routes compared to most other regions across the UK which have nowt.
    Lets hope we do get some routes further up north after SOS.