Other Memory Leak In Livery Designer

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by wxtr7, Aug 29, 2020.

1. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Open the Livery Designer and Task Manager, then open the layers screen and just let it sit there (or continue editing things), and watch the memory increase about 1.5 MB / sec. If you close the layers screen (via esc, on PC) it stops. In addition, when you exit the livery designer, a lot of that memory isn't released properly (the 2+GB was held from the livery editor, while the 1GB for needed for the service was loaded).
    upload_2020-8-29_17-54-0.png

How this slipped past I don't know, considering this was my first assumption when I heard the livery designer was unstable.

Also, not related to the memory leak, but the GPU usage seems excessive (near 100% the entire time) for the livery designer too, especially when not doing anything and just letting it sit. If this was in game driving, that's understandable. I've worked with DirectX here and there (not in game dev tho) and I know a little about its workings, but this seems odd.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Can confirm this. Just as you said, its about 1.5 MB / sec.increase while placing/editing a layer. It also happens if you move the slider while coloring the base model and it stops if you stop moving it. There doesnt appear to be a GPU memory leak though, only in RAM.

Regarding GPU usage %, i dont experience it, but i have my fps capped to 60.

Usually, in cases like these, it may help if you post PC specs / graphics settings / resolution. Mine are below.

CPU: Intel core i7 5820k
    RAM: 32gb DDR4 2400mhz
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 ti (latest driver installed v. 452.06)
    Game Installed on SSD
    Graphics settings: 4k resolution, Graphics preset on Ultra with AA and motion blur off