Merge East Coastway And Brighton Main Line Into One Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackthelad258, Oct 10, 2021.

1. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I am really enjoying the London Commuter route and I think in order to improve gameplay experience, the East Coastway and the Brighton Main Line should be merged into one complete route as I feel services from the Brighton end have been neglected, as currently on the London Commuter route, the general service pattern is 2 trains per hour (tph) semi-fast services (Southern) and 2 tph fast services (Gatwick Express). On the East Coastway, the general service pattern is 2 tph to Seaford, 2 tph to Lewes and 2 tph (semi-fast) to Hastings or Ore via Eastbourne. If these two routes were merged, there would be an increase to services out of Brighton to all currently playable destinations, which would be a benefit with the increase of variety of different services to choose from. This would open the opportunity to include the section of track at Keymer Junction, possibly as a route extension, to allow the Brighton Main Line to link up directly with the East Coastway. I believe this would improve the 'rush hour' experience for services across the Southern network.

2. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Technical limitations mean they can't be merged