Merseyrail Wirral Lines.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Barkydog, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Barkydog

Barkydog New Member

Hello everyone,

I don't think this has been suggested before but I was thinking with Train Sim World maybe someday it would be good to be able to drive a Merseyrail train on the route from Chester to Liverpool via the underground loop.

The nice thing Is it's not underground the whole way just the Liverpool loop so it would be a good route for some scenarios. Plus you do get a chance to run a frequent commuter service & once you leave the loop on your journey back to Chester you are back out on the surface so you can enjoy the views of both the Wirral suburbs as well as the more rural views between Hooton & Bache. Then some more urban views from Bache into Chester.

If it was me I would probably make a Wirral line DLC pack to include not just the Chester line but also the Ellesmere Port branch line.

Plus maybe one day you could include the New Brighton & West Kirby branch lines too. At least with those you could have some summer based scenarios for taking passengers on day trips. as well as handing the normal loads of commuters, shoppers & students heading to & from Liverpool as well as local Wirral based journeys.

Plus there could be the added challenges of running 'Semi-fast' as an example they sometimes run trains that skip stations if needed & frequently when I've used the Chester line they skip through Capenhurst if the timetables is scheduling the train to do this. So my point is you could run a mixture of semi-fast as well as local all stations stopping services.

As for the trains for this DLC to use that's a question to ask as at the moment they are currently run with class 507/508 EMU's run on a system of using guard dispatch.

But I think roughly from 2020 the plan is for new trains to be introduced that use Driver only operation.

So of course if the Wirral or indeed the Northern line was ever created for TSW what would be done with the trains. What would the developers choose?

Personally if the Merseyrail networks comes onto Train Sim World I do hope we can get a chance to include the class 507/508 the network uses now so we get a chance to drive those & those of us who prefer having a guard either via AI or even multiplayer could be able to do so in the future?

I hope what I've said makes sense as I just wanted to share my thoughts on why the Wirral Line could be a good option to add to the game in the future.

One last thought is that we ever had guard mode for the game it would be good to play as a guard on this route.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best wishes

Barkydog.:)

• Like Like x 10
  2. stay4evergaming

stay4evergaming Member

I'd prefer the northern line start out just include central to Ormskirk then add in central to Kirkby(perhaps even allow users to walk from Walton to rice lane via the rice lane main road and use roadblocks to hide invisable walls) then finaly hunts cross to southport and train wise have the 502 507 and the new 777

• Like Like x 2
  3. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I'd prefer the 507 and 508's as we have them now and the Wirral line from Southport to Hunts Cross, it'd be great!

4. Pendolino390112

Pendolino390112 New Member

This is a great idea personally I would hope they model the full merseytravel network including the central James street link tunnel this would provide great scenarios and a vast service mode personally I would love the traction to be the class 507 and 508 at the Birkenhead and Kirkdale depots

Attached Files:

5. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

This'd be heaven in passenger mode and finally being able to go into Kirkdale depot! The guard concept sounds really good, I always pretend to be a guard in GWE on the stopper services although if I tried to close the doors it'd open back up as it wants the AI to control it. :D

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  6. gary.mc88

gary.mc88 New Member

Wirral line for me. I would totally buy this !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ross12

Ross12 New Member

I think the 507s and 508s would be good, but also the 777s to add some variant to the trains that you can drive. If possible, I think it would be cool to see some parts (if not all) of both the Northern and Wirral Lines so that drivers are able to use the connecting tunnel between Liverpool Central Platforms 1 & 2 (Northern Line) and James Street Platform 2 (Unused).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stephen2407

Stephen2407 New Member

I got the North Wales coastal DLC the other day and I noticed the platform merseyrail use at chester has the 3rd rail in the game which goes towards hooton, this had to have been done on purpose since all the other track is not electrified by third rail. Someone has purposely put that 3rd rail track there. If any merseyrail DLC does come out then I sure hope they include the 507/508 along with the 777

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's TSx, this is the TSW forum, but they put that third rail there because it's there in real life, and in scenarios you can run third rail stock on that line (though parking a 395 there does look out of place)

10. Paul40122

Paul40122 New Member

I'm all for whats been discussed above regarding the Wirral lines.
    As someone who grew up in Wallasey from the late 60's to early 80's I would love to see the Birkenhead Dock Branch included too, with the class 24's and 25's on the summers iron ore trains to Shotton

• Like Like x 2
  11. haighisaac3

haighisaac3 New Member

it would be ace to have this route as dtg could do like on the east coastway and have option to go to new Brighton or west kirby

12. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I'll also add my vote for one of the Merseyside lines or, even better, the whole network. Release it with 507/508, then the Stadler units later on. Modify the 507/508 and hey presto, 313s for the South Coastway route. Two birds, one stone, nearly.

• Like Like x 3
  13. simon_philips

simon_philips New Member

I add my vote too! Plus, what are the chances of a historic route in Merseyside, in particular the Cheshire lines Committee route which ran from Hunts cross all the way to sunny Southport now that would be interesting, you could even include the Aintree spur the served the racecourse on Grand National days and which was also incredibly served by the now monumentally historic Liverpool Overhead Railway. Now that would be something!!!

14. simon_philips

simon_philips New Member

And the CLC Warbreck Station just further up the road would be an ace addition, i would love to see that!

15. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

ME WANT THE PEP'S

16. simon_philips

simon_philips New Member

Gets my vote!