Metro North Harlem And Hudson Lines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lawjester, Nov 6, 2017.

?
  1. Just electrified portion of the Harlem and Hudson Lines

8.3%
  2. Just Harlem Line with diesel extension to Wasaic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just Hudson Line with diesel extension to Poughkeepsie

91.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

9BE01393-DEB1-4126-BFE0-A323123587AC.jpeg 5587CDA0-0D9D-4F1B-A76C-BF8E5F13B1B0.jpeg EC233B54-C71E-4ED8-9AC4-5B3C49336798.jpeg C029A676-84E8-44E1-B02E-54944827676E.jpeg 6E7DAE65-7616-4169-BE2E-1020C3BA8F78.jpeg Hello I am aware that a Metro North Hudson line thread was made before but I would also like to add the Harlem line to this request. I happen to think that just having the electrified portion of both lines would be easier and we can get two different lines instead of one large one. On the Harlem line the electrification runs to Southeast and on the Hudson line it runs to Croton-Harmon. Metro North runs two of my favorite trains, the M-7A’s and M-3A’s. If done right sound and detail wise, both trains would be incredible to drive. The Metro North is run by the MTA which their sister Railroad is also run by, the LIRR. They run the same announcement program on the M-7’s just with different stations.
    On the Harlem line, it has many grade crosssings which is great for those who love their horn. The horn procedure should be implemented on your overall driver performance which your given after you’ve finished your routes. Both the trains use the Leslie RS2M horn which is a great horn. All trains run to and from Grand Central Terminal which is only used by Metro North and soon the LIRR. Their ASI is also a great addition with the setup and just to listen to.
    This is another must need for TSW and really hope to see it soon!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

I'd rather they do the full Hudson Line from New York City to Poughkeepsie as a single mainline route than have two half-baked routes put together (i.e. a "network" type route like they did with the South London Network for Train Simulator 2018). I feel the full Hudson Line from New York to Poughkeepsie would be more exciting since about half of it is electrified and the other half is not and there's a large variety of trains that run on that route. If the route is set in present-day, we can have Metro-North, Amtrak and CSX trains included with the route, which would be very exciting, rather than having only Metro-North trains and operations.

3. Lawjester

Hi if I had to choose to have just one full route it would be the Harlem line. Because it’s bigger and also has grade crossings for the electric areas. But wouldn’t it be great to get both full routes?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

All are good, but I vote hudson line.

5. Lawjester

Looks like Hudson line is the clear winner out of the two. To be honest I would think DTG would do the Harlem because it’s just Metro North and it might be easier. I personally would rather Harlem but it’s not a big preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.