Metro North M1a/m3a Re-release

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by NEC Railfan, Jul 14, 2021.

1. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Back in early 2020, not long after the M2/M4 had dropped, I created a Metro North Metropolitan repaint pack, featuring an early M1 and a modern M3. However these were ultimately of low quality, being rushed due to wanting to claim the spot for "first reskin" and just general excitement at the potential this DLC had. But during the past year and a half I've learned a lot about reskinning and general modding, thanks to the many good people in this community. So now I present to you my revised take on the Metro North Metropolitans, meant as a placeholder until something official comes to light.
    [​IMG]
    It features four variants, two being the M1 and two being the M3. The overhauled M3A received the biggest treatment, being given a new interior to reflect the prototype.
    [​IMG]
    This repaint pack has not been tested without Fanrailer's mods for this DLC, so I'd recommend downloading them in case something goes wrong.
    Features:
    - 4K Textures with variable gloss and reflective properties (paint has a matte finish).
    - New Leslie S44 horn for the M1A (like the LIRR M1s).
    - 4 Paint Schemes
    - Accurate numbering
    - New interior for the overhauled M3A

Installation:
    1. Unzip the Contents of "MNCR Metropolitans.zip" to an easily accesible place.
    2. Drop the Assets folder into your main Railworks folder usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks
    3. Copy the M2_B.geopcdx from [Assets\Reppo\M2Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\MetroNorth\Default\Engine]
    4. Paste it into three of the four repaint folders in the same location as the Default (MN_M1, MN_M1_Delivery, and MN_M3,)
    5. Copy the M4_B.geopcdx file from [Assets\Reppo\M2Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\MetroNorth\Default\Engine]
    6. Paste in in the "MN_M3_OH" folder, also in the same location as the others.

Note: If you can't find the "Default" folder, make sure you have unpacked the M2Pack01Assets.ap file in the main folder for the DLC. (Assets/Reppo/M2Pack01), it can be unpacked with 7zip.

Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nNlYQc1zRZy_mY79tmNF-IPoBH7-PVxY/view?usp=sharing

Now that it's finally been officially released, I can get this one off my chest and continue working on the other Metropolitans.
    [​IMG]
    Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 3
  2. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

the Hudson Line is about be lit