Metro-north M3a

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Random Railfan, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Hello guys! On a recent video I posted someone mentioned wanting M3s (more specifically Metro-North M3As) in TS19 for the Hudson Line. I think they would be a great addition since they're classics that have been in service since the 80's and have stood the test of time. They would also add even more variety to the Hudson Line, since right now the only EMU's on the Hudson Line are the M7As. I've always wanted to sit in the engineer's seat and operate an M3, so I think TS19 could give me and many others the opportunity to do so. Maybe there could even be extra features, maybe period-appropriate interiors (pre-refurbishment and post-refurbishment) and new and old liveries, with or without the white reflective stripes on the front end. However, if only one livery and rendition is made, I want it to be the modern one since the Hudson Line rolling stock is modern. I really hope that the M3 gets made, since many people are yearning to have it in Train Simulator. Thanks for reading my proposal! Below are some of my own pictures of the M3A if you're interested. Screenshot (156).png
    Top: An M3A on its way to Croton-Harmon prepares to depart Dobbs Ferry. Please excuse the glare on my camera's lens.
    Bottom: Before departing Grand Central, a very nice engineer let me take pictures of the cab, so here is what it looks like.
    Screenshot (158).png Bottom: Here's another cab photo, this time a better closeup of the controls
    Screenshot (159).png

• Like Like x 6
  2. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

Those would be a great companion for the route. A good few scenarios could utilize them, such as substituting for a M7 consist that is having issues connecting to the third rail.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah. The M7s are also kinda boring, both in real life and in-game. In real life they seem to lack a "soul" if that makes sense, while the M3s have no problem with that. Whenever I ride the Hudson Line I'm always hoping that I get an M3, since they actually feel more comfortable, plus you have a chance at getting the RFW. The other issue with the M7 (in my opinion) is how bland they are. They just feel like your "generic EMU," so to speak.

• Like Like x 1