Metro North Railroad!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EvanEv, Jan 11, 2020.

1. EvanEv

EvanEv New Member

Someone recently made a post about this, but I slightly disagree with their route choice.

That person said there should be the Hudson Line. I disagree as this line is not the most used nor the most interesting and fun to drive. I would say the best route(s) to do would be the New Haven Line with the Danbury and maybe the New Canaan branches.

The DLC would be US$20-30 and include the M7 (repainted from the LIRR route) and the M8 which is just a slightly modified version operated by Metro North which would not be that challenging to make.

One of the stations on this route is already included in the game with NEC New York (New Rochelle), so that model could be ported over.

Grand Central Terminal would have to be created which would be very interesting to see and I feel this route is justified as a lot of the assets and mechanics for it have already been created in NEC New York and Long Island Rail Road.

Thanks for reading, and if you are a Dovetail employee.... THANK YOU AND PLEASE PRESENT THIS TO MANAGEMENT!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Metro-North New Haven Line added to the game in the near future.

• Like Like x 4
  3. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

As well as the Harlem line: Grand Central-Golden's Bridge. Go under 30 stations [26] with six zones, and less than an hour & a half (90 minutes).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled to see the New Haven line, especially the Danbury branch because I grew up taking that line all the time.

One thing I really want them to do is plan out a group of add-ons that will integrate together. So that if they eventually produce New Haven and another Metro North line then they could have overlapping Timetable modes that you see based on which you own.

And of course it would ideally also work with the other portions of the NEC we already have to create a seamless experience. (Then you just need a 42nd st. shuttle and the #1 subway and you can go everywhere... :).)

• Like Like x 2
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I also would definitely love to see the Harlem line in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrchuck

I wouldn’t mind grand central station to southeast with the M3 Metro north locomotive or the p32 locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mrchuck

Could metro north Harlem line be the next route released onto train sim world in the future?

8. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Guys this will not happen anytime soon if EVER.
    TSW DOESN'T DO LONG DIVERSE ROUTES.

I think the longest route we have is 47 miles.

I actually own The New Haven route on TS2020 and it is GLORIOUS.
    And i believe its about 71-76 miles from NY Penn to New Haven, PLUS YOU HAVE THE SEPARATE BRANCH FROM NEW ROCHELLE.TO GCT.

Its a HUGE MAP and a personal favorite of many TS owners.
    I also own Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast and the Acella dlc and i love it.

Unfortunately. TSW (isn't ) where it should be right now in my opionion. I feel like Dovetail is just playing with us right now.
    And they refuse to push this game to its FULL potential.
    I keep waiting for Dovetail to just BLOW MY SOCKS OFF with something incredible,but it just isn't happening at the moment. They only give us "so much", and then when dev time is up..........
    PRESTO!!!...... $ 29.99 Please.

Come on guys, TIME TO TAKE THE SAFETYS OFF!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mrchuck

the metro north Harlem or Hudson line could be the easy lines to do.

10. mrchuck

the Harlem line could be awesome to drive from grand central station to southeast it’s about 58.2 miles from grand central station to southeast.

11. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

NY-NH ROUTE is a very great route between Manhattan & Connecticut with 2 separate branches, the park ave viaduct with Metro-north stations in central bronx & the hell gate bridge then Eastern bronx with CSX & Amtrak.

12. mrchuck

would the Harlem line be on TSW someday or new Haven line?

13. mrchuck

They already have the track to go to grand central station so hopefully metro north will come sometime in the future.

Attached Files: