Microsoft Spends $70 Billion On Activision Buyout

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheCadManFan, Jan 19, 2022.

1. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/microsof...drama-with-federal-regulations-expert-claims/

I am not a big COD fan, so the lack of COD on Playstation (if Microsoft chooses to without COD from Sony) isn't a big deal for me. However, with Microsoft going on a land grab of developers (having already acquired Bethesda), I don't think that it's right for one company to try and monopolise the industry. I would say the same if it were Sony. It's better for the industry when there is a healthy competition between Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not another one …
    If Microsoft continue like that, there won’t be any games left on Playstation in 5-10 years. I really wonder what Sony’s long-term strategy is here. Microsoft continue their shopping spree and don’t show any signs of stopping.

I’m with you on the monopoly thing. Obviously, as I’m a Playstation player, these recent developments are to my disadvantage, but I’d be equally annoyed at Sony if the roles were reversed. These “console wars” have never done anyone any good and this one seems to escalate to levels never seen before.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

They need to be stopped, it will kill the games idustry for good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I think it wil actually be good for the Blizzard side, if microsoft gives them some independence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I highly doubt MS will make COD - or other Activision/Blizzard games - exclusive. They'd be far better off trying to entice players into the platform with Game Pass.
    Plus, probably a good thing anyway, from what I've heard the work ethics in these companies wasn't very good, at all, so maybe MS will sort them out.

Just thinking, MS have Halo and COD, probably the two most famous shooters out. Well, Epic Games, it's up to you ;)

6. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I believe they already said Activision will not go the way of other exclusives, not just yet anyway.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

To back that up here's a Phil Spencer Tweet about that. I also see a World of Warcraft console version if there's demand to it

• Like Like x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not sure how I stand on this one. The buyout itself doesn't affect me much. Probably Xbox will now get some exclusives that might make me consider buying one. I'm also not against exclusives. My experience with Sony exclusives is that they are all way up there in quality. So I enjoyed the exclusives run Sony had on the PS4. On the other hand I was gutted when Animal Crossing came out because I think Nintendo hardware is way too expensive for just one game