Mid-cheshire Line: 1980s.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Oct 11, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Wow im back, who knew? another suggestion within the 1980s this time on the,
    Mid-Cheshire Line: 1980s,
    This route spans about 64 miles between Manchester Central, and Chester,
    MCI Map.jpg

The
    Services:
    Comprises Mainly of Passenger services ran by Class 101/108 DMUs, now whilst Loco hauled operations probably didn't happen (I Don't truly know), ill throw in Loco hauled passenger trains to give the Locos more to do then the Limestone trains which where generally being operated by Class 20/40/47s around this time, of course other locos can layer in like the 45, and a Blue 37.

So lets talk about the,
    Locos:
    BR Class 20:

Yes the Class 20 makes a return but this time in BR Blue! for this Version I would like to see the Headcode Box version along side the Disc versions, these unit could operate the Limestone trains of this route, as they did back in TVL, and operate the Loco hauled Passengers, along side shunting
    BR Class 20.jpg

BR Class 40 Split Headcode:

The Class 40 too Returns doing the same services as the 20 (except for shunting) and heavier trains, for this version I Would like to see the Split Headcode Variant, just to keep it Fresh in the looks
    BR Class 40 Splitheadcode.jpg

BR Class 108:
    The Original Addition to this route, the Class 108 operates the General Passenger services, these come in 2-3 car Sets with a TSL/TSO For the Middle Trailer, these units can be Substituted by the Class 101 from TVL.
    Class 108.jpg

Rollingstock:
    Freight:

40t "Seacow" Hopper:

These are my choice for the Limestone trains on this route, these 40t hoppers can be Substituted by the PGA Wagons of TVL.
    Seacow.jpg

Passenger:
    BR MK1 TSO/BSO:

Blah Blah Blah these are the simple choice for the Loco hauled passenger stuff, they can be Modified from the WSR Version.

Layers:
    In:

NTP Can bring the Disc, and Headcode Box Class 40s, along with the Class 45, and 47, the Class 08 can also layer in to substitute for the 20 in Shunting, There could be Box Van services added with this Layer
    TVL Brings its 08, the PGA Wagons for potentially Lighter Limestone work, and the Class 31 (I'm not leaving those out), along with the Class 101 substituting for the 108.
    DL Can also layer its 08 for Liveries and its 101 too.

Out:
    This route can bring the Blue 20 and Split Headcode 40 to NTP, With the Blue 20 also going to TVL, with the Seacows layer to TVL To substitute in Place of the PGA.
    The MK1s features here can also layer to WSR TO Rarely appear in place of the MK1s used there, the MK1s can also layer to sometimes appear in place of the TSO MK2s and BG MK1 On NTP And DL Respectively.

End:
    Another Suggestion completed, I Know it has Multiple reused stock, but I tried to keep them slightly Fresh and the Fact that most of the stock Used at this time from what I saw was the 20/40/ and 47 (though that last I decided to have as a Layer), anyways thank you for reading this far, I Think this route would be a Simple additions to the TSW Route Roster but should still be fun and Interesting, I'm out bye.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I’d certainly buy that!