Train Sim World 4 Midland Mainline North Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sam#2862, Feb 25, 2023.

1. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

This suggestion is meant to be a route that would not be Linear like most routes that only have 2 destinations and 1 train while also providing layers onto existing routes and recieving layers from existing routes. and that route would be Derby to Sheffield and Matlock including the Erewash Valley Line which connects it to Nottingham too. The stations included are Derby, Duffield, Belper (This part is the Line to Matlock you may also recognize some of these places from the upcoming Peak Forest Route) Ambergate, Whatstandwell, Cromford, Matlock Bath and Matlock as you can see this is quite a short branch but adds a bit of a commuter branch line action for players to run short services from Derby and Nottingham to Matlock) returning tothe mainline at Belper we have: Chesterfield, Dronfield, (Dore and Totley for Hope Valley Line services only) and Sheffield. Lastly we have The Erewash Valley Line which begins at Long Eaton but services also run from Nottingham so that would also be included (Long Eaton is the next station down from Derby which will be included in Skyhook's route) and it runs to Sheffield Bypassing Derby. The stations included are: Nottingham, Ilkeston, Langley Mill, Alfreton and it then joins the Midland Mainline again at Chesterfield. You may be thinking this sounds like a lot but the total mileage comes out to 70.9 miles which is most certainly within TSW limits With Southeastern High Speed and Cajon Pass routes being about 90 miles and then Kassel-Wurzburg being 116 miles the longest route being roughly 45 miles longer than this, with the Erewash Valley line from Chesterfield to Nottingham being 32.9 miles and the line to Matlock from Ambergate being 6 miles and the main strait from Derby to Sheffield being 32 miles long. this also links up the route in about every possible way because you can now go from Leicester-Sheffield via Derby, Nottingham-Leicester, Nottingham-Sheffield, Nottingham-Matlock and Derby-Matlock.
    Matlock:
    [​IMG]
    As you may notice Matlock is also on the Matlock Riverside Heritage Railway which is why it sees steam trains like this and looks very nice and old fashioned, it would be very cool for AI.
    Sheffield:
    [​IMG]
    I never knew the station building was this beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    Derby:
    [​IMG]
    Nothing too Impressive not a bad station by any means but its nothing to marvel at that being said Derby is very important to this route being one of the southern Termini, having a Depot and The Litchurch Lane Works.
    Nottingham:
    [​IMG]
    Yet another very Beautiful station building.
    [​IMG]
    ROLLING STOCK:
    Class 156:

[​IMG]
    The Class 156 DMU was built by British Rail Engineering Limited (BREL) between 1987 and 1989 during which some entered service in 1988 following the massive success of the class 150 as a more regional long distance service than the class 150 this can be seen with the single leaf doors at either side and 2+2 seating compared to the 150's 3+2 seating and 1/3 2/3 double leaf doors but retains the same top speed of 75 mph . Like the class 158 coming to TSW3 this train will also feature a Cummins engine. These will run on the Erewash Valley and Matlock Branch too.
    Class 153:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Class 153 Built by Leyland Bus between 1987 and 1988 before entering service in 1991 will be another addition to the Sprinter Family in TSW3 , the class 153s are 1 car units converted from the class 155 and have a top speed of 75 mph ,of which all 7 are in service with northern, from what I can see here there are 2 variants of the 155 one variant is visually the same as a 155 just with 1 car and the one at the bottom has headlights that have been moved further up this variant seems to be the more common of the 2. with EMT these units will run alongside the class 156 and 158 on services on the Erewash Valley and on the Line up to Matlock.
    I haven't suggested the 222 for a few reasons
    a) as there aren't many different trains on the portion from London St Pancras to Leicester it would be better to save it for then.
    b) Not adding it straight away could be a good way to build up hype
    c) Not adding it allows players to use trains like the 156 and 153 that aren't as popular as the 222
    LAYERS:
    VP185 Class 43 HST, Cummins Class 158, and my Cross Country Trains addon suggestion: Train Sim World 3 - Cross Country Trains Addon | Dovetail Games Forums
    The route also sees services from Northern running the Leeds to Nottingham via Sheffield which provides stopping services up the Erewash Valley Line and the Leeds to Sheffield services (currently uses 195s but as this is in 2019 when they weren't fully in service it would be a reskinned 158 or 150)
    [​IMG]
    These are the trains that are coming in Skyhook's new route (very exciting I will definitely be getting this)
    DEPOT:
    Now the main depot for EMT as I'm sure you all know was Neville Hill Depot In Leeds but that was for the HSTs, for the rest of the fleet they are kept at Derby Etches Park and Nottingham Eastcroft Depot so it would be great to see those 2 depots (a depot all the way in Leeds is just not practical)
    Bombardier Derby Litchurch Lane Works:
    [​IMG]
    This is just something we have to see in game as it is where Bombardier builds most of its trains including the classes 168,170,171,172,220,221,222,345,357,375,376,377,378,379,387,701,710,720 and 730 those aren't the only ones but perhaps the most famous of the lot.
    A great idea for this factory is to include it as another map for Training center the UK version could be this because it has its own test track, the German Version could be the current and America could get its own in the future.
    We should be able to see AI trains when driving here in the route like the class 375, 377and 387 hanging about and 37s to pull them around I reckon it would be very cool to see these as services in timetable mode to just take these trains down the route to Leicester.
    CONCLUSION:
    Overall we should just get this route, its perfect 2 depots, lots of scenery, good quality diesel traction, huge variety of services, fast running, Long distances, what more can you ask for?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
  2. sam#2862

does anyone know if we will get the ex grand central HSTs in the new route?

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and looks like you got a portion of the Spirit of Steam route Peak Forest that is still in use by EMR

• Like Like x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It wasn't. Never was that said, never was that the aim of the game. TSW brought the lighting and weather overhauls, combined with new improvements to timetabling, a new Menu UI, and such.

The length of DLCs could be infinite.
    But let's take a look at the numbers.

Kassel - Würzburg:
    3 Stations (in use)
    116 Miles
    = 38.67 Miles / Station

Cajon Pass:
    4 Yards + 1 Station (I think)
    85 Miles
    = 18 Miles / Station or Yard

Southeastern HS Extension
    7 Stations (Incl. Ebbsfleet)
    38 Miles
    = 5.43 Miles / Station

Point here is, and this is particularly visible with Kassel and Cajon;
    Route building isn't just the track.

• Like Like x 5
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

From my experience playing the Just Trains Midland Main Line on TSC, Derby-Nottingham-Leicester is the fastest segment of the whole route and you'll easily get up to full line speed in a HST and spend some time there before needing to slow down. Thankfully it's not quite GWE-style 125mph for 30 minutes as you'll have to slow down for some junctions and intermediate stops, which adds a bit more interest.

As trainsimplayer says above, having the whole Sheffield to Leicester segment is too large a slice for the expected development time. You could also say the Erewash Valley Line is a necessary inclusion since most freight and the Nottingham-Sheffield stoppers run via here (which would add another 23 miles on top of the 70 or so suggested here).

Also, let's see how good Derby-Nottingham-Leicester is first before we start thinking about extending it :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. sam#2862

its not too large, obviously if they took their time it would be possible and yeah its not as fast once you have reached the junction for Nottingham and Derby it goes down to about 80mph, I was just expecting a Mainline route to be longer than this

• Like Like x 1
  7. sam#2862

I know TSW3 wasn't just for that but realistically who bought TSW3 for some weather, nicer skies and better lighting yes it does improve the game but not to the level of paying £30 for it (luckily I got it free) for me the most attractive thing for the game was the longer routes there were improvements made to the game to allow longer routes to be possible as seen with Kassel-Wurzburg, personally I would rather have shorter high quality routes but we're not even getting that.

8. trainsimplayer

Who's to say this Midland Mainline route won't be high quality?

• Like Like x 1
  9. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

most of the route scenery builds are AI generated anyways…

10. trainsimplayer

Lineside Scenery isn't, you can tell just by looking at it. The issue is stations (and/or yards), they take up more development time than open scenery (said by dovetail) as does urban areas.
    Hence why KWG is so long, it doesn't have much of that.

11. sam#2862

no one but its like Beta Testers are getting paid for nothing so the amount of floating objects I have seen or missing wires is stupid honestly I would expect that a route costing £30 would have at least 1 branch (1 branch is fine but more would be better) ,some good mileage 50ish miles would be good, good visuals, sounds and physics, 2 trains (not necessary) not have missing/floating objects, have accurately made stations and other scenery. with the exception of things like Birmingham Cross City where the entire line is included and there is not much point having more than 1 train until the 730 enters service.

12. sam#2862

I have seen some dodgy stations in my time on TSW so it can't take them that long to make

13. trainsimplayer

It takes quite a long time to build a route DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

It would be cool to have a MML extension, but part of the Derwent Valley Line is already coming in the Peak Forest route, so maybe it would be better to see somewhere new?

15. sam#2862

Oh I'm sure it takes a long time it just seems that there is a lack of effort if the route is still not up to par after all that time

16. sam#2862

well its only a short branch to provide extra services withthe158, 156 and 153 and due to its small length there would be an uproar if this route was made and that branch was omitted. if you would like something else what would you suggest?

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimplayer

It's not that simple to assess it.

18. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

With the hubs of Derby Nottingham Leicester you got whole map in effect which you could create for example Nottingham to Lincoln calling at Carlton Lowdhsm fiskerton rolleston bleasby Newark castle collingham swindetby and Hykeham then from Derby the nice long route to penzance and Scotland

• Like Like x 1
  19. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

There is 1 good thing about Nottingham station good for a cheeky vape or cig

20. trainsimplayer

I hardly see this as appropriate for a TSW discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  21. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

Can people stop suggesting dlc for content that isn’t even out yet

• Like Like x 1
  22. sam#2862

thats what the whole forum is for smh

23. sam#2862

never said it was simple but is anyone's job meant to be easy

24. sam#2862

just re read this suggestion and felt like a bit of a doughnut so deleted these parts however I do stand by the fact that DTG did say that with
    TSW3 it would allow for longer routes than TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  25. sam#2862

this is speculation

• Like Like x 1
  26. sam#2862

agreed

27. sam#2862

I don't see how you destroying your lungs is relevant to this conversation but thanks for reading and supporting this thread

• Like Like x 1
  28. sam#2862

well now we know it wasn't

29. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

It's one of the best Dlc's I've encountered so far actually.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Ewan0025

Ewan0025 Well-Known Member

after the bug fixes?

• Like Like x 1
  31. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Yes. I actually haven't encountered any bugs at all recently other than lagg on old gen consoles which is to be expected.

• Like Like x 1
  32. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I would honestly have to disagree. It's not about the numbers. It's about the experience and the enjoyment of driving trained virtually.

• Like Like x 1
  33. trainsimplayer

It is about the numbers if the discussion is about how DTG make routes longer...

34. lwrail

lwrail Member

Totally agree that this should come to tsw. The MML that is already in game is very good and an extension to Sheffield would be pretty cool. If this were to happen then I think it should come with the emr class 222