Other Minimum Expectations

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

During the live stream with Adam on Monday, 24 August 2020, Sam talked about minimum standards that users should expect from the game.

These are my minimum standard expectations. Anything not on this list will be nice to have features.
    1. The game starts and is free of bugs that cause the game to fail to start or to crash whilst in operation.
    2. The trains/locomotives in the game are modelled accurately with accurate livery design and detailing.
    3. The sounds of the trains/locomotives in the game are modelled accurately, including track, horn, whistle, acceleration and braking sounds. The sounds must be accurately modelled whilst outside the train, in the cab and in the passenger compartment.
    4. All sounds and voices in the game are set at consistent, accurately balanced levels. No having to change the volume on the TV or even in the game menu.
    5. A scenario allows you to go from start to finish so that it can be 100% completed. No game braking bugs such as faulty red signals or inaccessible controls.
    6. A timetable service allows you to go from start to finish so that it can be 100% completed. No game braking bugs such as faulty red signals or inaccessible controls.
    7. Trophies/Achievements pop as soon as you have met the requirement of the trophy. If you are supposed to get a trophy for getting a single gold medal, you get it for getting a single gold medal and not once you have two or more gold medals because the game isn’t counting some of the medals you’ve earned.
    8. All jobs on a route can be completed and the right number of jobs exist on the route so that you can have 100% completion. No instances where there are too many of one type of job and two few of another. There should be NO excuse for any mismatch here as this is not dependent on the fact there are a bazillion different system configurations just that the right number/type of jobs are added to the route.
    9. The game accurately counts and records miles driven in each type of train and correctly triggers a trophy/achievement when one is due. No having to drive extra miles.
    10. The number of services you complete are accurately recorded and trigger a trophy/achievement when the required number are done regardless of whether they are done in timetable or journey modes. No having to repeat services.
    11. The level gained on a route/locomotive or the game in general is accurately calculated and triggers a trophy/achievement when you achieve the required level, not several levels later.
    12. Any technical issues reported in the technical reports section of the forums are acknowledged by a member of the DTG Team and that DTG demonstrates it’s awareness of these issues by having a publicly displayed list of reported bugs/technical issues, regardless of whether they are actively being addressed or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It would be really helpful if DTG took this list to heart. At least from what I've heard in the stream, they are doing something in the right direction.
    Especially for the forum, the 12th point would be very welcome, because we can basically read the same error messages in new posts every day.
    Oh, and this list should be made sticky.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How do you make it sticky?

4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

We can't make it sticky, it has to be done by a moderator of this forum.
    But although your list deserves it too, I was referring to the list of known bugs as proposed in your point 12.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Me and my big head lol.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a good list, but your points 2, 3 and 4 are not testable.. What is accurately modelled may be different and subject to opinions. To give an example, you may require that the sounds of wipers when it is not raining is accurately modelled. (I know you may think this is ridiculous, but for me it could a show stopper to buy TSW2 ). I think it is better to have a more compact list of requirements.I think the list Sam presented is a good starting point. Maybe a few things can be added, but if this done, for me it would be great.

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think points 2, 3 and 4 are testable. Especially 2 and 4.

The designers know what the locomotives look like as well as the livery (or at least they should), so ensuring these are accurate is doable. Also, ensuring the sounds are consistent and balanced is also doable and I think Adam mentioned in the stream this is something they would look at, but because sound is not a core game function, they would have to balance the sounds on each DLC separately.

• Like Like x 1