Missing Assets (train Wash)

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by anthonyruk, Jun 22, 2021.

1. anthonyruk

anthonyruk New Member

Hi everyone,

I have an issue when I change the graphics settings on the game.

When I change the graphics to the lowest setting, some assets such as the Train Wash on the Riviera line, some of the gantry for signals on Waterloo - Portsmouth and also the Durnsford Rd staff halt disappear. I'd expect these to still show just with lower quality.

When I go and change the settings back to Default or High the assets don't come back either so it's like they have been deleted and the only way to get them back is to do a full re-install.

Anyone else had this? Attached is a photo of the Train Wash (notice the water is still there).

Thanks,
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

By lowering the Graphic Settings you will possibly not see certain assets.
    They haven't been deleted, just not loaded so become invisible.
    The important setting to keep high is:-
    Settings - Advanced Settings - Graphic Density.
    You can lower the quality etc. of what you see but Graphic Density defines what assets will be visible.
    You should not need to re-install as you won't have deleted any Assets, try Clear Cache instead, that may help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthonyruk

anthonyruk New Member

Thanks Craigie-C - Yeah it does look like it's related to the Graphic Density as pushing that back up fixes it. I assumed it would remove some stuff like tress and trackside scenery but not infrastructure but all looks to be good now. Also thanks for reminding me about the clear cache option - totally forgot about that. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

No worries, glad to be of help.