Missing Class 143

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by markgriffiths01, May 27, 2019.

1. markgriffiths01

markgriffiths01 New Member

hi all, new here so be gentle. Ive purchased various routs that come with the class 143 and its simply not there at all. it shows up in the scenarios as if it should be there but no picture of the loco. every time i try to run a scenario that utilises the 143, i get a wont load message and its always a missing 143! i am at my whits end here trying to figure out how i am supposed to sort this as an email explaining this to steam prompted a response that included 'this might be an unlock able feature that u have to earn' I have paid for the loco twice now from two different routs and i still cant run it...... please help!

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Which routes have you got that come with the 143 and when you the the message is it always the same livery or reskin that's missing?

To give a fuller possible reason, when you load anything in TSx you have the base unit and then a skin which loads over the top. If you're missing either part of this then the unit load will fail

When it fails it give you an error message but it will give you the full name of the units that do fail so rather than "Failed to load unit: Class 143" you should get "Failed to load unit: Class 143 - FGW DMSO" or something like that

The FGW part tells you that it's the First Great Western skin that could be missing OR the unit in the first place.

if you can screenshot one of the load fails and upload here even better

3. markgriffiths01

Thanks for replying. i have purchased the riviera pack and the 143/153 loco pack. i have also installed the gwr reskin in a bid to try getting it to work. as you can see with the images, the reskin shows up, but the original first version does not. im 99% sure the original 143 file isnt right as the reskin shows up. neither will play and any scenario utilising the 143 even as ai fails to load showing the same fail message!

Attached Files:

4. ARuscoe

First advice would be to uninstall the riviera line, reboot steam and then reinstall it
    If you don't have too many third party add ons then verifying files is also a good shout (this reverts the files to their steam state so can kill third party enhancements)
    Other than that, I'm not on my home machine but will have a look when I am

5. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

Try unpacking the AP file in Assets\RSC\Riviera Line and Assets\DTG\Class143Pack03. These files contain the content included. Note: You will need something like WinRar or 7-Zip to unpack the AP file.

6. markgriffiths01

and there is the problem. there is no .ap file in either directory. now im stumped

7. markgriffiths01

Why is every thing i have showing as not installed??? is this a problem too?

Attached Files:

8. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

Have you tried the install button at the top? This may be because the game hasn't installed properly.

9. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

If things are missing from your install, verifying the files on Steam will redownload the missing stuff automatically.

Steam servers have been acting-up the last few days (no change there then), so it could have messed with your initial download.

10. ARuscoe

Yep, big problem and probably root cause.