Missing Engineers

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by hightower, May 3, 2018.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

On NEC, is anyone else finding a world populated by ghost trains, being driven by no one? Empty cabs are applicable both to the player (driving freight) and all AI Trains.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't spend time looking for engineers in AI trains. In both CSX and NEC, there may or may not be a second person in the cab of the player engine, but the player is in the cab while driving, so that does not constitute a "ghost train". The player/engineer is not visible in the cab while driving due to the fact that the cab does not contain a vanity mirror, but the player's avatar is visible from outside the cab.

3. hightower

hightower Guest

I think you’ve misunderstood what I’m saying. Let me re-phrase it...

Whenever an AI train comes past in the opposite direction there is no ‘person’ in the cab....ie it’s empty, hence ghost.

There is a ‘human’ in the players cab (when looking in from the outside) on the Amtrak services but the cab is empty when driving a freight service.

For me, that kind of kills the immersion a little bit. I can’t believe that’s the intention so was wondering is it a bug or do I need to reinstall my DLC?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
  4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Its a bug.