Missing Fence Posts (fence Wire Metal Post 02)

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Jamidun, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Jamidun

Jamidun New Member

Good evening
    This is my first post on these forums so please forgive me... I'm hoping someone will be able to help with my query. The below message is a copy and paste of my orignal message to DTG Support.

"I must admit that the Item I'm messaging about is found on a third party route how the asset in question is an original Kuju asset from Railwarks maybe even Rail simulator days.

The item in question is : Fence Wire Metal Post. (Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Procedural\gen_fence_wire02.xml)

I've attached a link (https://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=66&image_id=3596) which shows how the fence is meant to look however as you can see on my system all that is present is the horizontal wires without the vertical black metal posts.

we have narrowed this down to the original kuju assets (pack). and we have found this strange as its not fully missing which as I'm sure you'll agree is unusual even for the sim.

I've tried placing them on one of the original routes supplied within rail simulator Newcastle to York and London to oxford however the issue still persists.

I've seen online that a small number of people have also experienced this issue; https://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=189

I'm just wondering if a patch is available or if you are aware of which pack these assets are were included so that i can reinstall. or even if you can send the specific folder over ( i don't mind paying a little).

I have verified the integrity of the game as well as clearing the cache to no avail

I hope you are keeping well through this unusual time"

Regards

Jamie
    fence issue1.jpg Fence issue2.jpg fence issue 3.jpg

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you read the article that you link to you will notice some people don't have this gen_fence_wire02.xml
    I for one do not have it - only gen_fence_wire01.xml

Just because something is installed to the Kuju folder does not mean it came with the game

3. Jamidun

Jamidun New Member

You are correct, If i could find the specific item the fence orignally came with i'd be able to look into it further...

The only thing which lines up through the SVR requirements is the Euro loco and asset pack which was INCLUDED within the sim before 2012... I've had Trains simulator since mid 2010.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you installed the SVR and other Freeware routes it tells you you only need the ELAP but it also installs other files.
    That file would have come with the assets of a Freeware route but they all go in the the Kuju folder.

Peter