PC [mod Download] Tsw 4 - Unlimited Layers, Formations, Liveries And Disabled Spad

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Aug 29, 2021.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Update 21.3.2024

I released new version of this utility which is supporting only TSW 4. I change the name from Unlimitedy layers to NoLimits because its no longer removing only limit for layers in livery editor. DTG add couple more limits into the game... like limit for liveries, limit for formations. Now all that is removed too... Just remember that those limits were set to keep the game stable for everybody, if a lot of formations or liveries will start crashing your game then you have reached your maximum what your game and computer can handle.
    Follow readme.first for instalation

You can download it here: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2753

Update 28.2.2023

I got many requests about Gamepass (Microsoft store or XBOX Store ... or how they call it) version. I found out that a lot of users got problems to just rename the .exe file into one wich was my utility looking for because that exe is the same like other ones exept with added support for xbox (microsoft) store support. So i added that support directly into the utility. So now even Gamepass users can enjoy Unlimited layers and disabled SPADing.
    You can download new version here: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2636 (if you have older version then its ok, there is nothing changed exept that Gamepass support.

----------------------
    After one year DTG dont increase layers in livery editor and you are still stuck with 300 layers limit. So now you can say to that limit bye :) I found the limit variable and change it to the 65535 (thats the maximum number which can be set there). As its not in uasset and uexp files it require some more stuff to do... but thanks to Bendix (he made me some utility so i can apply that changes into the main .exe file) i can now share that with everybody - you just need to download little utility which will patch your main .exe file (it will create .bak file so if you decide to go back to your 300 limit you can just rename that .bak back to the .exe). It is working great with Epic and Steam version. Just place that exe into the folder where is TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe (usually its YourGameFolder/Binaries/Win64/)
    After every TSW update you will have to run that utility again.
    Enjoy!

download: http://trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2491&query=

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

3. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

4. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

If I use this tool and then create a livery with more than the usual 300 layer limit am I still able to share the custom livery with others that do not have the mod or do people using my shared liveries also have to have this mod installed?

5. trainsimcz

Yes the tool is not needed if you share the livery. Its only for creating the livery, once its done anybody who will have the livery can play it without that mod.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WaveyDavey

thanks for confirming that.

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Oooooh, this is super tempting! So many options! And probably something DTG should've done a long time ago. Does the game survive 65k layers in the LD? Can't imagine it coping well with that many layers before compressing it.

Meanwhile, I have to persuade myself not to download this and spend endless hours perfecting Pride in Service...

• Like Like x 1
  8. manny#3696

manny#3696 New Member

Now the editor just has to be Direct X 12 compatible, then I'll be happy.
    Under Directx 11 the game just isn't game for me. Too many jerks. (Framedrops).

9. trainsimcz

I dont think anybody will use 65k layers, but i can now see some stuff with 1000 layers and they looks stunning. Its just unlocked so there is no limit for the users so they dont have to be worried that they cant finish their work because of that layer limit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hallejujah!

But will running one of these >300 layer liveries crash the game? Or is the skin just compresse4d into a single .jpg before it loads?

11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the author, but I think that part should be fine, you can see a lot of compression in the liveries already, so this shouldn't do any damage there.

12. trainsimcz

When you create livery then all those layers are wrote into the ue4 sav file like a definitions what was used - some vectors, which color, a lot of numbers there too for the position etc... Once you load that livery into the game it takes all those information and create 2D texture for the game so final version of that livery is just 2D texture. So even if you use 10000 layers, final version will be only 1 2D texture layer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. solicitr

Tragically, as of the 3 November update this outstanding mod no longer works (and by that, I mean running it after the DTG update has no effect). Liveries are pegged to 300 again, except that liveries already made with over 300 are frozen where they are.

14. WaveyDavey

It still works fine after the 3rd November update.

You have re-installed it correctly haven't you? Delete the old .bak file that was created previously then run the tool again so it creates a new .bak file. (I made the mistake of not deleting the old .bak file when I first started using it and if you forget this step just running the tool itself doesn't work as I'm assuming it checks if there is already a .bak file in the location)

Working fine on my system still. 2021-11-11.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. solicitr

The magic words. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

Blocked again: appears not to work at all with TSW3.

17. trainsimcz

Working fine for me... must be problem on your side only.

18. solicitr

Hmm- what am I doing wrong? I place the .exe file in the TSW3 program folder alongside the game .exe, run it, the .bak file is generated, I launch TSW- and still get the 300 layer limit.

19. trainsimcz

Did you delete .bak before ? Here you can see that its working fine:

I record it just now so you can see that its working.

Is your game Epic version or steam version ?

20. solicitr

Steam

I just tried it again from scratch: vanilla game file (verified), .bak deleted, everything by the book- and still 300 layers.

21. solicitr

trainsimcz - finally figured it out. It seems that ever since my first backup to my new reserve disk, Steam has been running TSW3 off the backup copy rather than the one on my C drive! Sorted that, and the mod works as well as ever (now that it's in the real, genuine TSW3 folder).

22. trainsimcz

I got many requests about Gamepass (Microsoft store or XBOX Store ... or how they call it) version. I found out that a lot of users got problems to just rename the .exe file into one wich was my utility looking for because that exe is the same like other ones exept with added support for xbox (microsoft) store support. So i added that support directly into the utility. So now even Gamepass users can enjoy Unlimited layers and disabled SPADing.
    You can download new version here: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2636 (if you have older version then its ok, there is nothing changed exept that Gamepass support.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Dorel#5326

Dorel#5326 Member

any update for this mod in TSW4 please ?!

24. trainsimcz

Its been updated for TSW 4 since TSW 4 release. Its ready on my page www.trainsim.cz.

• Like Like x 2
  25. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Got that as soon as I saw it :)
    Any idea When and if a TSW4 version of OutofBoundsandWalls can or could be cooked up? :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  26. trainsimcz

I was working on that BML timetable with extra Class 700 services. I will get that ready as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  27. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

No No, I'm not looking for an ASAP like I must have it.
    It's on your timetable when you can and have the time.
    I can wait just not ten or years :) not getting younger :) Wish I was.
    It gets done when it gets done. I thank you.

28. xxkvssmanxx

xxkvssmanxx New Member

is the TSW 4 Version of Unlimited Layers still a thing?

29. trainsimcz

30. xxkvssmanxx

xxkvssmanxx New Member

31. trainsimcz

I released new version of this utility which is supporting only TSW 4. I change the name from Unlimitedy layers to NoLimits because its no longer removing only limit for layers in livery editor. DTG add couple more limits into the game... like limit for liveries, limit for formations. Now all that is removed too... Just remember that those limits were set to keep the game stable for everybody, if a lot of formations or liveries will start crashing your game then you have reached your maximum what your game and computer can handle.
    Follow readme.first for instalation

You can download it here: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2753

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Using Microsoft Edge to try to download, it is telling me that a virus is detected.
    Mike.

33. trainsimcz

There is no virus inside the archive, its false alarm its mostly because of WIndows Defender. Im not using that AV so i dont have any problems.

• Like Like x 1