Model Industrial Railroad Out Now On Steam Workshop!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by northwestcreation, Nov 12, 2019.

?
  1. Its Awesome!

2. Its Okay.

3. Could Use Some Work =(

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. northwestcreation

northwestcreation New Member

My finally finished brand new route is now avaliable on steam workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1911793086

A model railroad switching route. The model railroad is in fictional ALexadria bay texas. I hope you all enjoy it and its wonderful detailing. Please excuse any issues you find with it as this route was built in a total time of 2 weeks over a period of 6 months (Life Stuff) but i believe i ironed everything out.

It reqiures -
    Feather River Canyon Route Add-On ,
    North Jersey Coast Line Route ,
    The Holiday Express,
    Donner Pass: Southern Pacific

This route was created on my Model Railroad Builder Template avliable here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505815504 wich i hope to see other use and can't wait to see any routes that come of it!

P.S. Sorry to those i promised this to sooner. Better late then never.
    20191112135429_1.jpg 20191112135454_1.jpg 20191112135400_1.jpg 20191112135409_1.jpg 20191112135421_1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

Looks neat im gonna have to try it out.

3. C424

C424 New Member

I agree, just the screenshots make my mouth water. Im so gonna mess around with the sw1200 in this.

4. northwestcreation

Thanks both of you! And C424 i have driven the sw1200 on the route before and it just fits in so perfect. In my oppinion the gp9's look good aswell. I really am excited to see if people make and release senarios for it, i might make some but i really don't like do senarios i prefer building routes.

5. C424

C424 New Member

Cool it downloaded and i was able took get a look at it myself, looks good overal but for the type of rout it is it could use more little details.

6. northwestcreation

Well its like that on purpose, if i filled in everything then you wouldn't be able to very the scenery for senarios. So an example would be a certain truck may not be in that one spot all the time so you dont include it as a permanent scenery item. While there may be a spot that would ether always have a truck there or would be so busy it would seem to always have a truck there that is when you would want it to be a permanent senery object. So its for senario makers essentially.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It looks brilliant; You've really captured the model railroad effect perfectly. Thanks for making the template available to the community too!

8. northwestcreation

Thanks! The template has been avliable for a while, its just that i never had an example route for it so i never promoted it that heavily. I like to have examples of what can be accomplished before really pushing people to make something of thier own. Again thanks!

9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

As Im about to build my own dcc layout this is a very useful share! Thanks :)

10. northwestcreation

I wish you the best with that. I ounce tried to build a layout, didn't really work out cause i didn't have the time money or space.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Im converting an attic space- ill keep you posted. Great railroad design in your screnshots- looks good!