Modern-day Doncaster - Lincoln Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tubespotter, Apr 20, 2022.

1. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

A route I feel TSW2 would benefit greatly from is a modern UK diesel route, as we have very little of these in-game, with most modern UK routes being filled with third-rail EMUs. I’d like to suggest a Doncaster - Lincoln Central. The route would be set in the modern era (2020s onwards) and would ideally feature a Class 195 CAF-built DMU in Northern Trains livery and either a Class 156 Sprinter or a Class 170 Turbostar in East Midlands Railway livery. The route also sees a high volume of freight, something significantly lacking in modern British routes. This originates from large freight yards around Doncaster as well as farther afield locations such as London Gateway and Felixstowe. This traffic is largely container and tank-tainer wagons with traffic coming from major freight hubs such as Felixstowe. Northern services would join the line at Gainsborough and EMR services would begin at Doncaster.
    The whole route comes in at around 36mi 26ch with intermediate stations at Gainsborough Lea Road -1and Saxilby. Trains between Doncaster and Lincoln prototypically take around 50 minutes to traverse the route
    A cab ride video can be found at: [https://225studios.com/02-return-to-doncaster-from-lincoln-209-p.asp<br/>] as well as a vast amount of photographs available online.
    Thanks for reading!
    If you have any, well, suggestions for my suggestion, please comment below

• Like Like x 3
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes! I really think we need a route in the Lincolnshire area as there is a lot of interesting freight and services there.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Seems to be more of a frieght route than anything interesting for passengers. As noted only two intermediate stations.
    Sheffield to Peterborough comes in at 48½ miles and 8 intermediates so may be a better passenger option (I like freight runs as well so either would be fine by me)

• Like Like x 1
  4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I suppose but if dovetail did pull of the freight it would provide us with a very good route which would suit people who like freight services as there aren't many other freight focused British routes.

5. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

Maybe if there was just the 156/170 and more variety of wagons that would suit people who want UK freight more

6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Awesome I’d definitely buy it’s about time we had route in tsw2 that’s relevant to the midlands

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and bring in class 60 59 freight. Class 156 is designed for Coupling with Class 170 due to the BSI couplers but not Class 171 due to it having Dellner couplers.