Train Sim World 3 Modern Day Train Pack For Tees Valley Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainGeek08, Jul 7, 2023.

1. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

What's up all, TrainGeek08 here, and today I'm suggesting something a little bit different, a train pack for Tees Valley with modern day trains and a route facelift to set it to modern day standards as it is today :)

Stock included within the pack:

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 156 'Super Sprinter' DMU in Northern livery (needs the updated logo like on Glossop's 323 however)

[​IMG]

And the British Rail Class 185 'Desiro' in TransPennine Express livery

Training (In Training Center):
    Class 156 Introduction
    Class 185 Introduction

Scenarios:
    Saltburn Sprinter: (Difficulty - 1)
    Drive this Northern service from Saltburn to Darlington, which is operated by one of their 156 units today

TPE Extended: (Difficulty - 3)
    A snowstorm has swept through the area, just as TPE were planning to announce the extension of their Manchester Airport-Middlesborough services to Redcar Central, but luckily... it is still going ahead, so drive this first 185 to go to Redcar Central in public service

Desiro Day: (Difficulty - 1)
    Northern are on strike today, so TPE have opted to step in to cover for the lack of services, so drive this 185 from Saltburn to Eaglescliffe where another TPE crew is waiting for the run to Darlington via a strange reversal at Northallerton on the ECML and get to Darlington that way as TPE drivers don't have route knowledge on the Darlington-Eaglescliffe section via Dinsdale and Allens West

Northern Skipper: (Difficulty - 2)
    Drive this Northern 156 from Darlington to Middlesborough, whilst only stopping at Dinsdale, Eaglescliffe and Thornaby along the way

Timetable:
    Here's a link to the May 2019 Working Timetable to show what the service pattern is like along the line
    (Tees Valley Line is section YD01 if you are interested)
    2019-05 WTT YD | Network Rail Corporate Archive

That's it then folks, something different today, but it is a good idea though, anyway put you thoughts or any questions below, I've been TrainGeek08 as always, enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you next time for another CC mod announcement or suggestion, until then, it's goodbye from me :)

• Like Like x 11
  2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Personally I'd rather get a new modern varient of the route like we did with the IOW - Including the entire line Up to Bishops Auckland with stations of North Road, Heighlington, Newton Aycliffe, Shildon and Bishops Auckland. So 5 new stations in total and 11 new miles making it 38 miles compared to 27 miles - Certainly doable and would be a nice addition. Other than thaty great suggestion.

Edit: Aswell as that getting the extenstion to Boulby Mine for heavy freight would be a must for modern day freight.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  3. TrainGeek08

Yeah, I mean Bishop Auckland isn't off the cards as I feel it can be done and god knows why it wasn't done in the current release ;)

Boulby isn't a bad idea actually, it means you get a 70, so finally the UK gets a new diesel locomotive instead of the countless reuses of the 66 :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. lucasfor49

Yeah - Especially for the later we really REALLY need some more diesel locomotives that arent either 37's or 66's, esepcically for modern day. Small heavy freight routes like these (well more extenstions) are a good way to quickly start adding them, and obviously the 70 can layer onto a lot of routes. And yeah - Who knows why the route stops at darlington? Like seriously - I mean I guess it was one of DTG's first TSW routes but I mean GWE, SPG and NTP where all around the same time and where the full route - Well bar GWE but still.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainGeek08

Yeah, that is a good question, maybe DTG didn't want to make longer routes around the time TVL was made, sort of a similar phase they are going through now with Glossop, but if they were to redo Tees Valley, they would have to make it modern day, do the full route from Bishop Auckland to Saltburn via Darlington & Middlesbrough, get Boulby in for freight runs to/from Tees Yard with a 70, then you are onto a winner :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. lucasfor49

With a route like that if done correctly would be a top end route. ESPECIALLY if we get AP on the sounds and there implemented 100% perfectly. That would probably be wishful thinking but that would also be if it happened probably top 5 TSW routes in general and an easy day one purchase - and they likely would do a glossop and charge between 20-25 which would be great. Albeit maybe the price is wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainGeek08

Yep, totally agree, I think if this becomes a reality, and if AP release a 185 EP prior to this existing, you could have AP sounds on the 156 and the 185, unless they pull a 700 and can't get the sounds from AP so will have to do with recording trips to record sounds for the appropriate train ;)

On pricing, I'd probably say this would go as £14.99 if I'm honest, you get two new trains, a new section of line between Darlington and Bishop Auckland, and a new freight loco with associated line to Boulby for that loco to be used on :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. lucasfor49

I mean I was presuming we'd get the 185 from Alan Thomson or atleast the sounds - TSC product is good anyway, albeit overpriced. Albeit ATS might not be in the partner programme and it was a joint product but could still work sound wise. Class 156 is luckily already a AP recorded product so hopefully no difficulties there. And while we are here might aswell add another passenger train - the 158, it'd be a reskin of the MML and be there mostly just for services. Would just give it a touch of realism and wouldn't be hard to add realistically.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TrainGeek08

Luckily enough, ATS is part of the partner programme so maybe if DTG give Alan a nudge, hopefully a 185 can come to the game, not sure how good the functionality would be compared to the TSC version but it could be a possibility in the future :)

The 158 would be a reskin of the one from MML and it would operate the same services as the 156 between Bishop Auckland/Darlington to Saltburn and also, 156s and 158s could operate services between Hexham and Nunthorpe (drivable between Thornaby and Middlesbrough) and services that go to Whitby (AI only) :)

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well hopefully if the forthcoming JT route does include a Pacer then TVL will get a layer. The problem with a “modern” traction pack is that the route infrastructure is set firmly back in the 80’s so you are going to get a clash of eras.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TrainGeek08

Well fingers crossed it is a Pacer then, as the livery matches what would have run on TVL during the 1980s so that's a potential layer in the works :)

Yeah, that's the only obstruction, but a solution is to make a new route similar to what Rivet did with Island Line 2022, which is a modern version of their Isle of Wight route, so I think that's the only solution to that issue ;)

12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Personally if they are going to make a modern north east route, I would rather something like Newcastle to Carlisle. If they do anything to TVL, keep it in the period it is and extend it to Bishop Auckland.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TrainGeek08

Well, the Tyne Valley Line is a good option as it gets the 156 in and gets Newcastle and Carlisle in + both the ECML & WCML are featured :)

That would be the more common sense option if TVL was to get touched again, but having a modern day version would also be nice from Bishop Auckland to Saltburn but either era would do fine :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea overall and you for got Northern Rail 150/2 and 158s which can fit here. Northern Rail versions will count for WCL and MML achivements

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainGeek08

Thanks, the 150 wouldn't work as 150s don't operate up that way but the 158 would work as they are regulars on that line along with the 156s ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling me about that
    one of the scenarios and timetable Services must have a combined 158/156 combination.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TrainGeek08

Maybe, some ECS moves do that between Darlington and Middlesbrough and two or three trains stable in each bay at Darlington overnight :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

They could always collaborate with ATS because their's sounds accurate

• Like Like x 2
  19. TrainGeek08

Yep, that would be nice :)

20. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Plus at least one ready-made inspiration for a scenario where a train's derailed at Petteril Bridge Junction, affecting traffic into and out of Carlisle. Ah, we can dream. Would like to see solid ECML and WCML rolling stock included on other routes that can layer into it first though. One of my biggest gripes about Edinburgh-Glasgow is the lack of all the LNER services at Waverley, a TVL modern refresh would likewise benefit from having more AI services passing through Darlington.

• Like Like x 3
  21. TrainGeek08

What a nice idea of a scenario based off of a real-life accident and yeah, layers are quite important for the Tyne Valley Line to enable both ECML & WCML AI to be added at Newcastle and Carlisle respectively :)