Modern Geml - London Liverpool St To Ipswich

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by londonmidland, May 12, 2020.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’d like to propose the following route for Train Sim World - The Great Eastern Mainline from London Liverpool Street to Ipswich.

Background:
    The route itself is a very busy route. The main stations along the route being London Liverpool Street, Stratford, Shenfield, Colchester and Ipswich. The route comprises of commuter, regional and intercity services. The route is also very busy with intermodal freightliner trains which join/leave the GEML at Stratford.

Era:
    With it being modern, I would like it to be in the region of anywhere between 2010 to present day.

Included rolling stock:
    - Class 90+MK3+DVT set
    - Class 315 or 345
    - Class 360 and/or Class 321
    - Freight: Class 66 or 90
    *Certain rolling stock listed above could be added in to the route at a later stage as separate DLC

Route length:
    The length of the route from London Liverpool Street to Ipswich is 68 miles. Quite a push as we typically tend to see half of this in TSW. Perhaps the route could be cut back to Colchester, which cuts it back to 51 miles.

Services & activities:
    Metro/commuter: London Liverpool St to Shenfield utilising the Class 315/345
    Regional: London Liverpool Street to Ipswich utilising the Class 321 and/or Class 360
    Intercity: London Liverpool Street to Ipswich utilising the Class 90 and 360
    Freight: Stratford to Ipswich utilising the Class 66 and/or Class 90

Conclusion:
    The route offers a lot of different driving activities and experiences. Whether you’re into driving commuter, intercity or freight services. It is also fully electrified by AC overhead wires - something we haven’t seen yet for a British route in TSW excluding GWE.

Let me know your suggestions, thoughts and comments below. I’d love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks.

• Like Like x 14
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

No 745?

• Like Like x 4
  3. londonmidland

Personally I think the 745 is a bit too ‘new’ for the route and TSW.

It’s only been in service for around a month or so in real life if I’m correct?

• Like Like x 1
  4. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Almost 6 months now

5. londonmidland

I see. I may consider adding it to the list but purely out of my own interest, I prefer the ‘classic’ mainline traction along the GEML for now.