Modifying Cab Sway?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuddy_Man, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

I've noticed that cab sway varies considerably between routes using the same loco and between different locos on the same route. I've a couple of questions about how these can be modified.

Track Properties. I know that the roughness/smoothness of track sections can be altered in the editor. Can these be globally altered for a whole route? For example I've noticed that RSSLO's routes tend to have almost no sway and I'd like to globally increase it.

Loco Properties. Some locos have much more sway than others on the same route. This seems realistic, as they will have different suspension, geometry and frame stiffness. But is there a way to increase or decrease it in a loco's properties, if I think it's over or under done?

Thanks in advance.

2. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

In the bogie bin files for each loco you'll find values for suspension stiffness. These can be modified to your liking using TS Tools. Hope this helps.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The cab sway is defined in each loco's cab camera blueprint. Play with these values to see the effect.

RSC/DTG default values are:
    Code:
    <SpringXCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="000000A09999B93F" d:precision="string">0.1</SpringXCoefficient>
    <SpringYCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="000000E051B8BE3F" d:precision="string">0.12</SpringYCoefficient>
    <SpringZCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="000000E051B8AE3F" d:precision="string">0.06</SpringZCoefficient>
    <DampingXCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="00000080976E923F" d:precision="string">0.018</DampingXCoefficient>
    <DampingYCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="000000E051B88E3F" d:precision="string">0.015</DampingYCoefficient>
    <DampingZCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="00000040E17A843F" d:precision="string">0.01</DampingZCoefficient>

4. Cuddy_Man

Thanks guys, that's really helpful and I'll give it a try.

Can any of you help with the other part of my question please?

5. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

You can override the default track uneveness value in Track rule used to lay tracks on Your route. So it will override all tracks with default value. But some sections will still have modified values, made during the route building process using Track properties.

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Unfortunately, you have to select the track section manually and adjust the unevenness. The global track rule applies when you are laying new tracks.

There is a way to do it globally - unserz the tracks.bin and alter the unevenness by doing a search-and-replace with a decent text editor like Notepad++.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cuddy_Man

Thanks torfmeister, but do I do this in all the track tile files or only once in the Tracks.bin file for the route?

What text string should I be searching for please?