Mods Not Working (tsw3)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am the type of person to install quite a lot of mods to enhance my TSW game, it's almost gotten to a point where I can't play without them! I recently bought TSW3 standard edition on steam, and today I decided to get some mods (I held off installing mods for a while so I could wait for TSW2 mods to become compatible). I followed the exact same process as I always did with TSW2, I put the .pak files inside my DLC folder, but for some reason, all the mods I installed just didn't work. I've been trying to figure out what's causing the issue the entire day and I just can't figure it out. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or knows what may be causing it? If anyone knows how to help, that would be great :) Have a good weekend :D

2. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Which ones?

Some mods are fine (generally textures, sounds etc) but a lot of the ones that edit core aspects of the game either don’t work at all or need updating to work. If you’re getting them from TSC make sure you tick the TSW3 box and you should be ok. Anything else is trial and error.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Yup they're all TSW3 compatible mods. Some of the mods I tried installing today where even made for the TSW3 core routes, which makes it even more confusing.

4. JetWash

I don’t think you’re the only person with this issue, but I don’t think anyone has figured out what is causing it (as yet). I know it’s no consolation but the mods are working for me. Are you 100% certain you’re not putting them in your TSW2 DLC folder in error?

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Also make sure you’re going into my games and getting in that way.

6. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

All my mods go in the DLC folder within the TSW game folder under Program Files.... Steam not the My Games folder?

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I might be confusing it with where the engine file is. Ignore me :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

When you say not working, what do you mean. Do you get ctds, do the mods not do what they are supposed to do? Best is to do mod by mod. Do one at a time and see if you find any that don't work. There may be mods that are conflicting with each other but I don't know those. I use basically every sound mod, so those by griggs and itsya165, bescot, german train mods on the railsim de website and some enhancement packs such as one for cajon pass and the wcl overhaul and the londonmidland sehs which I'm going to download soon. None of these mods had any issues.

Also some mods will have a section on what mods are compatible, what to remove, etc. Make sure you read the whole thing. That depends on if the author wanted to include that or not

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll admit my ignorance --> please provide the complete location for mods in TSW3.

10. JetWash

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TrainSimWorld3\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC

• Like Like x 1
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Since there has been a major update to the game it's best to introduce mods one at a time and test each in turn.