The Catch Momo And Dumpling At Pearl Lake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeafGunslingerX, Dec 9, 2020.

1. DeafGunslingerX

DeafGunslingerX New Member

OK, after 2083 catches at Pearl Lake alone and 23/25 boss fish caught so far, I'm a bit confused as to why I can't catch Momo and Dumpling. Fish info says to use Large Sweet or Savory Boilies and I've been using Marine Halibut Catfish Pellet (MHCP) for most of my catches. I caught Titan 3 times with the MHCP and countless common and rare Mekongs, but never Momo or Dumpling.

Additionally, I've seen youtube videos of others catching them with large dead baits but I've read somewhere on this forum a while back that large dead baits no longer attract mekongs since an update. I'm starting to believe it since I've never caught a mekong with a dead bait.

So.... Am I wasting my time with this and should fish other lakes until it's addressed or what? Maybe I just have the worst luck.

Thanks,
    Jon.

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Jon, MHCP will be your go-to on this one. Other baits can be used, but the MHCP's will be just fine. I'd say just keep moving around the lake and fish at either Sunrise or Night time for best chances (sunrise ideally). This might be a good one for me to add to our Boss Fish Fridays if people are struggling. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed you land them soon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DeafGunslingerX

DeafGunslingerX New Member

Alright, that's pretty much what I'm doing and I'll keep trying. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1