More Ai Trains?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrCliffy82, Sep 9, 2018.

1. MrCliffy82

MrCliffy82 New Member

Hi all,

Any idea if there will ever been more AI trains than their currently are? Seems a bit bear at the moment with not a great deal of movement on lines that would normally be really busy (GWR route for example). There are the odd trains here and there, but not a realistic amount. I'm assuming the reason for maybe not having more AI traffic is because of the potential 'slow down' in performance? Can anybody shed any light?

Thanks!

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They already had to remove some services that are available on pc for the console version to achieve playable fps.

Maybe when they get better at developing for consoles and optimization of UE4 they can readd some more traffic. But that's not guaranteed because of the consoles performance limitations and I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

3. MrCliffy82

MrCliffy82 New Member

Thanks for the info. I noticed it on the PC version of the standard Train Sim game too and assumed it was just the developers. I’m not a computer whizz, but surely as long as there’s not loads of AI trains at once, performance shouldn’t be an issue?

4. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

DTG will aim to get a minimum of 30fps across the route on the lowest spec'd Xbox One. The trains themselves are the most resource intensive assets in the scene to render, as they are the asset most seen by the player and thus highly detailed in terms of the model and materials. The issue with GWE is that the location with the most trains at any one time will be the stations, especially Paddington. So whilst full length trains out on the mainline may be alright in terms of the 30fps minimum, once you get to Paddington, all the extra scenery plus the highest density of AI traffic, you'll slow the game down to a lot less than 30fps, especially on the lowest spec'd Xbox One.

Consoles will always be limited compared to the PC version, which is just a function of the hardware. If you spend a lot of time playing games/simulations, then a decent PC is a good investment as you'll get access to more similar games (e.g. TS2018, Diesel Railcar Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator), you'll so have access to more mods/DLC and the games will run better. You can even stream TSW to your TV with Steam in-home streaming if you like the comfort afforded by chilling on the couch.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. threebarrels

threebarrels New Member

^^ what he said!
    If your a sim nut, you need a pc in your life.
    If your just dipping your toe in, and having a bit of fun, but like traditional console games as well - stick with your xbox :)