PC More Bugs/regressions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wxtr7, Sep 17, 2020.

1. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

The F40PH, MP36, and GP38 on Penn Corridor don't have the colored bar corresponding to the amp meter.
    On both the MP36 AND GP38, the traction lock icon is still red when it shouldn't be. I've figured out this is just mapped backwards to the isolation switch (if you put the loco in start/stop/isolate, it turns white)
    upload_2020-9-16_20-34-8.png

GP38 engine audio needs work, it currently sounds like a running fan, which is a regression from TSW1. The CSX GP38 sounds normal, which is odd cause the UP GP38 sounded better than the CSX one in TSW1.

MP36 audio is too quiet and I've now noticed there are audible loop points (most notably one in notch 8)
    My immersion killer is bad sound, so I reference it a lot, but it still confuses me how someone with a cell phone camera can record better sound (even with the ambient sounds too) in a youtube video than is or has been in this game.

CSX AC4400 doesn't have flashing ditch lights when sounding the horn (regression)

PLEASE, remove the exhaust "smoke" its a huge performance killer if you drag the camera through it (which also means you can't position the camera directly behind the loco cause it usually ends up in the smoke), and it honestly looks bad.

Exterior cameras are disabled as long as any part of the train is in a tunnel. I understand your reasoning (although I disagree with it in general) for the bakerloo line, but exterior cameras shouldn't have been disabled for all routes. If you're driving one of the long freight trains in SPG, you have to wait until the train is completely out of the tunnel before you can switch back outside.

• Like Like x 3
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

MSTS (2001) had a better system, basically as far as visuals:

1 - cab
    2 - "boom" camera centred at the first rolling stock (front)
    3 - "boom" camera centred at the last rolling stock (back)
    4 - Pass-by view (as in RW)

If the whole train was inside a tunnel you couldn't access any of the aforementioned views, but as soon as the first rolling stock cleared the tunnel you could access visual 2, and you could work your way back to the previous rolling stocks (using the Ctrl + Arrow Keys) as the various coaches got out of the tunnel.
    Visual 4 was only available once the whole train was out of the tunnel.

Basically each piece of rolling stock was checked if it was inside or not the tunnel, which is a much better system than the actual TSW one that checks for the whole train, talking about regression in video games...

Also in MSTS there were working railway crossings

3. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Following MSTS would be perfectly acceptable IMO. Tho I still don't understand why the tunnels have to be off limits, I mean if someone wants to walk around in the dark then so what?

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I guess it has more to do with the camera "spawning" out of bounds

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020