More Of This Please Dtg!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CK95, Jun 9, 2021.

1. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Big well done to DTG for this bit of media, really fantastic and would love to see more like it.

• Like Like x 28
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it as well thought this how they should shown off routes for release.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Pretty poor that they have taken a lot of effort to put their own copyright to protect their work but haven’t had the respect to credit the amazing underscore music or the artist anywhere. The music is an amazing piece of work and probably took three times longer to record and produce than the route itself. Seriously accomplished and talented musicians like us make up less than 1% of the UK because it is SO highly skilled, not many people will ever come close to the standard professional musicians are. At least give them the credit whenever you use their music in videos to promote your work.

• Like Like x 3
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Who’s to say they didn’t work directly with the musician for the video? Considering they use similar pieces on all their trailers it wouldn’t surprise me if they do, and we don’t know what their contract with said musician would contain regarding publicity if that is the case.

You’re jumping to conclusions here, just enjoy the video for what it is, I’m sure if the musician has an issue with DTG not giving credit they’d of brought it up long before now.

• Like Like x 11
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

a very good video \o/

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Wow. What a great way to showcase the route. It looks stunning. Kudos DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Definitely was a great way to highlight the route in a short period of time. Hopefully this happens with future releases.

Some bits of the route looked really great as a result. Hope this continues!

• Like Like x 2
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Just a shame that the likes of One Direction make all the money.

• Like Like x 2
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I will disagree here. I'm not convinced by this format and I prefer the one they normally do, with small fragments and different camera shots mixed together. This has no more work to do than filming the route and passing it through in fast motion, which seems to me to be very unoriginal.
    It's like if instead of a cinematic trailer they show you the whole film at high speed.
    The only thing I liked was the music.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

My feeling is that they use royalty free music taken from somewhere for their trailers. I mean they're all pretty basic. Once they even used the same trailer music that later Nissan used for their new Z car's promo video as well. So I doubt it's an original soundtrack.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This wasn’t a trailer, it was a timelapse of the route showing off one of the branchlines.

The trailer released a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  12. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Ah ok, I thought it was a new trailer format. Honestly, I had seen the traditional one but I didn't remember it anymore, age thing I guess :(

13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The Timelapse was wonderful to see, as it gives people a view into the route, if they're short on time. Plus it cemented to me how high-quality the route is.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

They didn't show the route at night. I bet the lighting effects would be awesome on stations through the night? Oh Wait...............lol

15. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

A brilliant idea and well made video, I enjoyed it and yeah this pretty much demos the whole route, nice!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Agreed 100% enjoyed it allot, would like to see this style of promo been used again.

• Like Like x 3