More To This Situation Than Meets The Eye?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

My issue in all this drama from last week is they say "that time slots are allocated for each project." Right so how about the bosses allocated more time to their biggest release of the year? It really shows how the upper management at DTG see their product. Nothing more than a way to make money. The biggest release of the year and they can't allocate more time to get it right and to complete what they already announced to the public? Something just doesn't seem right about all this. Something is brewing with DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I think this whole thing isn't Matt's fault, or Nat's, or Adam's. They want the game to be the best it can be. Sadly, the execs (or "bean counters") at the top don't see it like this, so they tell the devs to make a full route in like 4 months (just so the bank account can grow ASAP), something that is impossible without rushing it (reusing trains/sounds, mediocre scenery, lots of bugs etc; with rush hour they had to cut the BRD branches). I remember someone telling me once that one of the executives at DTG was once at the top of EA, which pretty much explains everything.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

You guys are both right. The issue is "The Management" at all levels. This is not a new issue and one I have come across in software development time and time again, in over 35 years in the business.

Do I hope that this will change and we will see new content with few bugs, Yes, do I think it will ever happen, sadly "No"!

Go on DTG prove me wrong. Not sure even that "Dare" will do any good either.

• Like Like x 1