More Varied Paths - To Follow Real Train Paths.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainman525, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy learning new things about the systems required to operate the railway and in doing so I have discovered a game called Simsig. In simsig, you replicate the life of a signaller. In doing so, I have seen the entire BML timetable in action, watching as trains zigzag their way across the area. This is particularly noticeable in the Three Bridges simulation where you are in charge of Streatham Common and Norwood Junction to Brighton, particularly in the early hours.

For instance 1W02 (05:14 Victoria to Brighton) goes on the slow line to Selhurst, then from signal T99 (Outside ECR) goes to platform 3 at East Croydon and proceeds on the Down Fast. At Stoats Nest Junction (Signal T171) the train is routed to the slow line through Redhill (Non-stop). After Redhill the train is routed onto the Fast Lines for the remainder of the route.

I was just wondering if there was any way in which the timetable can be edited to add these unique paths as I think they would be of interest to the community by the variation to normal traffic and keeping drivers on their toes.

I am particularly interested in these paths used in UK areas and would love to see these added to appropriate future simulations. The working timetables are the best place to see accurate paths with each line change being added to the timetable.

I do realise that TSW isn't aimed to be 100% accurate and has limitations, I believe that this feature is easily doable.

• Like Like x 1