Moscow Metro Subway Line 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kiyoko91, Apr 10, 2022.

1. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

The Zamoskvoretskaya line (Russian: Замоскворе́цкая ли́ния, IPA: [zəməskvɐˈrʲɛtskəjə ˈlʲinʲɪjə]), formerly Gorkovsko–Zamoskvoretskaya (Го́рьковско-Замоскворе́цкая) (Line 2), is a line of the Moscow Metro. Opened in 1938, chronologically it became the third line. There are 24 stations on the Zamoskvoretskaya line, and it spans 42.8 kilometres (26.6 mi), roughly crossing Moscow in a north-south direction. A normal trip along the entire line takes 55 minutes, with the trains on the line averaging 42 kilometres per hour (26 mph). While most of the line is underground, there are some pockets of surface-level or above-ground track, mainly at the point where the line crosses the Moskva River. The line contains many examples of original Moscow Metro architecture, and contains arguably the most photographed station on the entire network: Mayakovskaya.

Rolling stock fleet
    81-717/714
    81-717.5/714.5
    81-717.5М/714.5М

Siemens Inspiro (planned)

[​IMG]

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if you are looking for an open gangway train DLC Locomotive then 81-760/765

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As discussed previously, I think it highly unlikely we will see anything Russian in the sim, any time soon. You do know what is currently going on in the world outside computer gaming?

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If You are watching Sky News and BBC News Programmes the it's the 2014-2022 Ukrainian War. Instead of Russian route why not a Ukrainian Route Around Chop and Lviv. ÖBB does run to Chop in Ukraine it's D149 Wien Hbf Zahony Chop Kyiv via Budapest Keleti bypassing Wien Kledering

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't see much chance of it happening, but yeah, I would love to see any old soviet metro line. Either Moscow, Kiew or Budapest, or any other city that runs or used to run these old blue Metrowagonmash stock. I loved to see and ride them in Budapest, sadly they have been replaced by now with newer stock.

My personal favorite of these old soviet metro trains is the Ev3 series made for Hungary.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NoOne

NoOne New Member

Without getting too political, I’d just say it isn’t wise to believe everything you hear from the news. Never just believe what the news say as soon as you hear it.

As for the route, I think it’s quite an interesting choice in terms of both the line and the rolling stock. But always welcome! Considering the fact that Russia overall is an unlikely country to be in TSW2 without 3-party developers involved, I think having a Berlin S-Bahn route of 20-30s or post-war era could give a similar feel to the 81-717 stock.