Moscow Subway Red Line: Rokossovsky Boulevard - Kommunarka

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by viacheslavshama2008, Aug 19, 2021.

1. viacheslavshama2008

viacheslavshama2008 Member

Hello everyone! I am one of the (not really) many Russian TSW fans, and I would like to suggest the first Russian route to the game. I was searching for something interesting among our routes, but didn’t find any suitable long distance route. So instead I decided to literally start from the beginning - the Moscow subway red line.

History
    So about the line. Red line is the first subway line to open in our capital city of Moscow, and, if I didn’t miss anything, the first subway line to open in Russia. It opened in 1935 between the stations Park Kulturi and Sokolniki.

Line
    What I would like to see in TSW is the modern route though. For the year 2021, it runs between the stations Rokossovsky Boulevard (Bulvar Rokossovskogo) and Kommunarka. It runs the total length of 44,1 KM, serving 26 stations. The total time needed to drive the line from end to end is stated as 1 hour and 3 minutes. Not the whole line is suited underground. Station Vorobyovi Gori is suited on the metro bridge over the Moskva river, making the station really unique. The section from station Salaryevo to station Kommunarka is also located on the ground.

Rolling Stock
    By the end of year 2021, rolling stock of the line consists of 3 types of trains. Although there isn’t much about model variety, those three are very different one from another, and will make up for interesting gameplay.
    Oldest train on the line, stock named 81-717.5M/714.5M, so-called “Nomernoy” runs everyday services on the line as all other trains.
    [​IMG]
    (Sorry found no appropriate cab pictures)

Second newest constructed metro stock in Russia, type 81-765/766/767, so-called “Moscow” is running approximately half of the services on the line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The newest addition to the line, although not the newest train, type 81-740.1/741.1, so-called “Rusich” was the latest train brought onto the line in order to fill the needed train gaps before better ones arrive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special trains
    The route has 2 notable special trains still running, that might be an interesting feature, much like the 395 “Trainbow” on Southeastern High Speed. These are both repainted/modified versions of 81-717 metro train.
    “Retrotrain Sokolniki”
    It is a 81-717 stock seen on the line with modified front and a special “retro” livery, similar to ones that were found on earliest trains of the metro.
    [​IMG]

“Krasnaya Strela” (translate - Red Arrow)
    A repainted version of 81-717 in notable red colours. Was called after a former train that runs between Moscow and St. Petersburg with the same name. Also features some posters inside with information about the former train.
    [​IMG]

Services on the route
    Route does have only a bit of variety in services. There are 2 current types of service - Rokossovsky Boulevard - Salaryevo, and Rokossovsky Boulevard - Kommunarka, which differ only in length and ride time. All services take all stops between the destinations.

Features, that I think deserve to be added
    First of all, I think station information signs deserve to be working, as they show the time before arrival of the next train, current time and an interval between the trains.
    Destination boards might be changeable in order for the player to set the destination manually.
    Turnaround sections. These are little bits that can be found near several stations that were end some time. Trains drive into them after unloading the passengers, driver changes the cab in the train and goes back onto the station but in other direction. There is no footage of such online as those are staff-only sections.

Depots
    The line is currently being served by 2 depots, with another one planned to open in 2023. These two depots are:
    ТЧ-1 “Northern” («Северное»)
    This depot is located near the “Komsomolskaya” station and stores trains of 81-717.5M/714.5M as well as 81-740.1/741.1. It was the first metro depot to open in Moskow in 1935.
    ТЧ-13 “Cherkizovo” («Черкизово»)
    This depot is located between the stations Rokossovsky Boulevard and Cherkizovo, and has access to both of them. It stores trains of 81-765/766/767 type.

IMPORTANT EDIT!:
    I just re-thought everything about this suggestion and finished on thinking it’s not that realistic for us to expect a fully new route that needs a full new licence to come with 3 full new trains. So what I’d say is that this might be done in 2 ways:
    3 separate DLCs - Route, Loco, Loco.
    1st DLC - The route itself will come with one train, 81-717 “Nomernoy”. This will also include the early 2018 timetable, with no 81-740s on the line and no 81-765s even existing. Furthermore, as Kommunarka extension was not fully constructed in that time, all trains will reverse at the Salaryevo. Still including Kommunarka extension with the route will be needed for two Loco Add-Ons tho. But, as with this route not every station will be used and there will be only 1 train, I suggest lowering price of add-on to at least 25€ instead of standard 30, or either making what I’ll describe lower.
    2nd DLC - 81-765 “Moscow” will bring the train itself and a new 2019-2020 timetable. This will open up the full line from Rokossovsky Boulevard to Kommunarka, though only about 30% of the trains will continue to Kommunarka, with all others ending services at Salaryevo as in 2018 timetable.
    3d DLC - 81-740.1 “Rusich” will add the train and convert the 2019-2020 timetable into the 2021 timetable by adding services that run with this train. Those services replaced a bit of 81-717 services, as well as 81-765 ones. But tho only the services ending at Salaryevo will be replaced, as all full-route services were saved. With the addition of the “Rusich” about 50-60% of the trains will continue through the whole route, and only 40% reversing at Salaryevo.

Either can be made with 2 DLCs, with Route and Loco.
    1st DLC - the route itself
    will include two trains with 81-717 and 81-765. This will also include 2019-2020 timetable, same as the one I described in the previous option with “Moscow” DLC.
    2nd DLC - 81.740.1 “Rusich” will act completely same as the one I described in the option one, adding the train and converting the timetable

This is pretty much it about the route, thanks for checking out this suggestion!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Generally not a fan of endless tunnel gameplay in metros, but station interiors in former Soviet republics are really special - would be cool to experience them, especially when it would also mean expanding route selection beyond Western Europe and US.

P.S. You can collect interior images from here: https://www.wikiwand.com/ru/81-717/714

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and of these trains only the Rusich has a open gangway connection something that everyone who owns train simulator world 2 the base route Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen DB BR406 ICE3M & DB BR442 Talent 2. Not sure if 81-765/766/767 has an open gangly connection? If so this will be the only TSW2 Metro route to have two open gangway trains

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharaf

Sharaf Member

Excellent idea

5. viacheslavshama2008

viacheslavshama2008 Member

81-765/766/767, easily can be called Moscow, has open gangway connection through the whole consists, same as found in DB BR 422, 423 or 425 in TSW. But Rusich has really unique ones. It connects through each 2 cars, but not other. So 1st and 2nd car are connected, 3d and 4th are, but 2nd and 3d aren’t. And even to continue that, it has same feature with Jacob bogies. So 1st and 2nd car are connected with a Jacob bogie, but 2nd and 3d are not.

• Like Like x 1