Most Of My Train Sim Routes Have Been Removed From Quick Drive

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by nedstrains#1358, Apr 26, 2022.

1. nedstrains#1358

nedstrains#1358 New Member

Hello all, I recently finished a quick drive run, only to find that when I went back to the quick drive menu half of my routes had disappeared from the menu, they are still there in the scenario tab however they are not in the quick drive menu. This really disappoints me as I am unable to play some of my favourite routes and I have also forked out a lot of money in order to use these routes. Does anybody have any advice on how I can re gain my routes without having to re install TS for what will be my 3rd time in doing so? This issue has really frustrated me and I'm quite upset about it as it means that I'm pretty much unable to use my favourite routes in TS.
    Thank you very much for reading and any help will be greatly appreciated! :)
    Regards
    Ned
    :(

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This has been asked numerous times, the answer is easy:

Open the folder <Steam path>\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content

and delete the file SDBCache.bin

Upon restarting TS, all routes will be scanned for scenarios and the database will be rebuilt. This can take a few minutes depending on how much content you have.

Cheers.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. Beduth

Beduth Member

My QD scenarios went missing but after I I cleared SDB Cache.bin they returned, but now after a few days they have gone again ( 30 to 7 ) how many times can you use SDB Cache.bin without causing problems.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hard to say. Depends on the amount and time of OOM crashes or scenario manipulation / removal /additions (Either editor or TS Tools). Let's see if the ongoing core update will address this issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2023
  5. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

My usual response involves a mention of some bogus route or scenario, most typically from the workshop.
    The source isn't bogus but it appears the extraction process was.
    I used to have the same problem but for two years now, I'm clean. ;) Despite a large number of bogus scenarios still.

There are various solutions at various effort levels, but the easiest is to (play or favorite, then) unsubscribe from all your workshop things either from within the game, or just reinstall after unsubbing. Also, always ever subscribe one by one.