Move Forward In Time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by moczs_65, Jan 14, 2022.

1. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Hi folks ! Hi Dovetail Games !
    I thought a time travel feature on TSW would be useful to choose another service easily. According to me, people may like to have this feature on TSW.
    Example : I drove a train on a service which ended at 11:50 AM and i decide to move forward in time then continue with a 12:20 AM service.
    It's more interesting while using passenger mode. It's less long than wait for a 30 minutes train after getting out of another train.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Like the feature that takes you to a certain point in MSFS ? If so I support this idea

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

On paper it seems a good concept.
    However it's pointless. You get the same experience skipping forward as you would by just using the menus - the only difference being on heavy consists (i.e. US freight) where set-up isn't exactly easy or quick - but frankly DTG have a million better things to do. If you want to continue on that next service, just use the menus.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We could do with a 2x or similar option to push time forward while waiting, e.g. for a signal to change. The problem being, could the complex instructions ticking away under the hood cope with that?

5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I support this idea on principle, if you mean there’s a section in the menu that reloads everything in a future time.
    Some things t the contrary;
    -It shouldn’t be allowed whilst controlling trains, only when on foot.
    -It would require the whole game to reload, only marginally faster than loading in through the main menu,
    -DTG have better things to get on with

• Like Like x 1