1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Map

Discussion in 'Addons' started by aurignyjoe, Jan 8, 2018.

1. aurignyjoe

aurignyjoe New Member

Is anyone using the FS Control moving map shown in the current sale at £15?
    It seems to be the same one as in their £50 full monty version. I have tried that one, but found I was forever looking at all the info available, rather than flying the plane. However, the map alone seems to appeal.

2. theohall

theohall Active Member

It's the same map - with less functionality.

3. aurignyjoe

aurignyjoe New Member

Thanks Theo, that was my impression. Just wandering if this is the map to go for or whether another type may be in the offing at a later date.

4. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

Will FSW someday have a map? Probably, since all other sims have them. For example, xplane has a very nice moving map. P3d is so and so. However, some thirdparty maps provide what you may be looking for, and if the price is right, then go for it.

5. aurignyjoe

aurignyjoe New Member

I like the idea of it, but my other moving maps (FSX/X PLANE) are freebee's which suit my needs. The xplane built-in is ok but I found another from a donator which I prefer. I wander if FS WIDGETS or the like,might come up with something.

6. Phantoms

Phantoms New Member

I believe Dovetail is suppose to incorporate a default moving map into the sim in the future, but that may be a long time away.

7. aurignyjoe

aurignyjoe New Member

However, some thirdparty maps provide what you may be looking for, and if the price is right, then go for it.
    This one does, a bit pricey, but I went for it, so far no regrets. Thanks to all for your interest and input.

8. Dogsbody55

Dogsbody55 New Member

I hope so, as it's one useful feature presently missing from the sim. Let's hope it's not quite so far out.

Cheers,
    Mike