Mrce Br 182 And Br 185.5 Substitution On Main-spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Aug 2, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    95.8%
  2. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, currently the BR 182 in MRCE black livery from HHL does not substitute onto MSB freight services, and the MRCE BR 185.5 doesn't either. This is a bit weird, especially on the MRCE BR 182, as the DB BR 182 does layer onto MSB, and the MRCE one acts as a skin for that one.

Is the lack of layering from MRCE locos on MSB an oversight, or not possible due to licensing? I'd like to see the BR 182 and 185.5 to add some variety in the liveries I can see and play on MSB. Now it might be to late for Adams team to implement them for the update coming with Rush Hour, but it might also be reasonably easy (Matt said substitution was relatively simple, while adding new services for another loco is hard), allowing it to be quickly be done. But all in all I'd love to see it some day, and the sooner the better.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think it can hurt having them as an option (if possible).

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It's can work and later on the same MRCE BR182 can serve as the base for ÖBB 1016 1116 locomotives which do evening sleeper train services towards Duisburg and Aachen from Lohr Junction and Aschaffenburg Hbf on this route. Check my post on the signature to why it's done like this.

4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't drive freighter, but I love routes with a lot of traffic so this is a great idea

• Like Like x 1
  5. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I already posted a thread about that: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/br-185-5-br-182-mrce-not-available-on-other-routes.39798/

I can explain the problem: The MSB (and RSN) formations are just setup wrong. Or the MRCE locos. There are so-called "Geographic Regions", one of the regions have to match so substitution can happen. The freight formations from RSN and MSB have "DB Cargo Deutschland" as the region. The normal fright locos all have amongst others "Germany" and "DB Cargo Deutschland" as a region. Meanwhile the MRCE locos only have "Germany" and "MRCE" as region. As they don't have "DB Cargo Deutschland" as region, they don't substitute into freight trains from RSN or MSB.

I was able to mod some of the formations (mainly for testing purposes) and add "MRCE" as region to them. Strangely the same edit didn't work for all formations. I think I will try a little further with the Rush Hour update and release my results after that when they are at least a little satisfying. Maybe we have some luck and the Preservation Crew already fixed it for the MSB formations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Interesting issue, we'll have to see what the preservation crew can do with it.