1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msb: Banking Services

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, May 5, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

if I start a new service which already has the banking loco attached all is fine and I get up the hill no problem. But, if I bring the banking loco myself, couple it, then move to the front loco I can get to about 12mph before stopping.

This leads me to believe I am not leaving the banking loco in the correct configuration. Here’s what I have been doing.
    • Leave reverser in neutral (should this be off?)
    • Leave train brake on 1b
    I then go to the front loco, turn banking comms on and set up ready to go. I give it notch 1-2 on the power to let it build up then gradually increase but then I soon get the issue. Seems the banking loco isn’t giving power or something (even if I fly down with external camera I can see the throttle lever moving as I mess with it so there is control)

Any ideas? Has to be something in the banking loco I’m not doing right. Cheers

2. TrainSim-Matt

TrainSim-Matt Staff Member

Whenever leaving a cab i'll always shut it down - so reverser in off.

I did it on one of my streams recently (Ran numerous trains up the hill in one session) - let me see if I can find a video.

Matt.

3. TrainSim-Matt

Ok i'll do a fresh run as I can't find a vid that matches what you're doing exactly - to confirm, you want to drive the banking loco from its parking place and couple up, and then go to the front loco and run up the hill?

Matt.

4. TinTin_57

Hi Matt, yes. Would like to do both services back to back. I’ll then run light loco back down again and repeat if poss. Thanks

5. TrainSim-Matt

Ok will take a look :)

6. TinTin_57

TrainSim-Matt process of elimination has shown me to leave no brake on in the banking loco after I leave to go to the front I think. Hopefully you can confirm.

I got stuck on the hill, ran back. Took the banker off 1b and managed to start it going. Soon stopped as I was on the hill.

I have been leaving a brake on there thinking it will start rolling by the time I walk to the front. Is that not the case? Thanks

7. TrainSim-Matt

ah - the minute you put it in "off" it will apply a standard brake application anyway, so maybe its just lever position causing problems.

• Upvote Upvote x 1