PlayStation Msb: Banking Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, May 5, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

if I start a new service which already has the banking loco attached all is fine and I get up the hill no problem. But, if I bring the banking loco myself, couple it, then move to the front loco I can get to about 12mph before stopping.

This leads me to believe I am not leaving the banking loco in the correct configuration. Here’s what I have been doing.
    • Leave reverser in neutral (should this be off?)
    • Leave train brake on 1b
    I then go to the front loco, turn banking comms on and set up ready to go. I give it notch 1-2 on the power to let it build up then gradually increase but then I soon get the issue. Seems the banking loco isn’t giving power or something (even if I fly down with external camera I can see the throttle lever moving as I mess with it so there is control)

Any ideas? Has to be something in the banking loco I’m not doing right. Cheers

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Whenever leaving a cab i'll always shut it down - so reverser in off.

I did it on one of my streams recently (Ran numerous trains up the hill in one session) - let me see if I can find a video.

Matt.

3. DTG Matt

Ok i'll do a fresh run as I can't find a vid that matches what you're doing exactly - to confirm, you want to drive the banking loco from its parking place and couple up, and then go to the front loco and run up the hill?

Matt.

4. TinTin_57

Hi Matt, yes. Would like to do both services back to back. I’ll then run light loco back down again and repeat if poss. Thanks

5. DTG Matt

Ok will take a look :)

6. TinTin_57

TrainSim-Matt process of elimination has shown me to leave no brake on in the banking loco after I leave to go to the front I think. Hopefully you can confirm.

I got stuck on the hill, ran back. Took the banker off 1b and managed to start it going. Soon stopped as I was on the hill.

I have been leaving a brake on there thinking it will start rolling by the time I walk to the front. Is that not the case? Thanks

7. DTG Matt

ah - the minute you put it in "off" it will apply a standard brake application anyway, so maybe its just lever position causing problems.

• Like Like x 1