PlayStation Msb Fairly Unplayable Due To Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by imstylinonyabro, Jun 26, 2022.

1. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

I've just loaded this up and was shocked in the supremely poor state this is in.

Auto Runner is impossible because the second you sit down you are failed for derailing the train.

The snow mission where you take the tanker car train up the hill with a loco at the back is impossible. When you uncouple at the end of the scenario (of course 40 minutes is wasted at this point) the game crashes. every. single. time.

A tutorial for the PZ whatever cab car thing is broken. if you don't stop the train after gaining initial movement, you never get the prompt to reach a certain speed.

quite abysmal. i genuinely don't see how any of these issues snuck past qa because if you play it once, you see its impossible to complete, with exception to the third bug since you can finagle your way around it.

2. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Tried them on XSX:

* DBPbzfa Introduction:
    1. The game list MSB's Dosto as a 'DBpbzfa 766.2' in the service menu, and as a 'DABpbzfa 766.0' in the pause menu and on the side of the train. It's actually a 'DBpbzfa 766.0' as there is no first class section on it. (Ticket #46852, April 26, 2022)

2. If you enter the train through the first door it will stay closed when you open the doors (even in Gemünden). The second door works if you enter the train through that one… (2–5: Ticket #47749, June 26, 2022)

3. The first passenger boarding sequence in Langenprozelten is completly superfluous, as passenger boarding is immediately complete once you open the doors.

4. The game does not explain why there's a traction lock on the train and how to acknowledge it.

5. If you ignore what the game tells you, and put the throttle to max, you will have to stop the train, and apply the throttle again or the 'Reach Speed' objective will not trigger.

* 'Auto Runner': you will immediately derail when you sit down in the driver's seat, in both Scenario and Journey mode. This is a new bug, as I completed this scenario previously. (Ticket #47750, June 26, 2022)

* 'Fuel Exchange'
    1. At the start NPCs are spawning in front of the station building and do not move from there. (1–5: Ticket#47750, June 26, 2022)

2. The player can soft-lock himself between the tanker and the banker loco.

3. Shouldn’t the banker loco disable its front headlights after coupling to the tanker?

4. A patch of grass is floating in the air at the entrance of the tunnel near Heigenbrücken.

5. Crash at the end:

** First try, in Journey Mode: the game crashed back to the dashboard once I uncoupled the rear 5 tankers at the end of the scenario. I drove like a madman (why should I bother if the game will crash at the end?); used "plenty" of brakes to stop the train at the end, which prolly compressed the consist a little bit too much. After I uncoupled the tankers, the bumpers were clipping into each other.

** Second try, in Scenario Mode: Only used the 1A notch to the stop the train at the end. The game did not crash.

*** Third try, in Journey Mode: same as the second try.

Also the route could really use an optimization pass: if you use the zoom function with the left stick the game can drop up-to 30+ FPS (why is TSW2 so choppy when it's below 60FPS? I don't have problems with *most* 30FPS games, but TSW2 feels **extremely** choppy even when it's only dropping a few frames…)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. imstylinonyabro

any update on your auto runner ticket?

I am going to try fuel exchange right now only using !a brakes at each stop.

4. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

5. imstylinonyabro

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

When driving a freight service on MSB recently, I could hear clanging as if the freight wagons were banging into each other and the locomotive - even though the train was travelling uphill at a relatively constant speed. Have never heard this clanging before on the route.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

No, as the banking loco doesn’t actually couple to the consist in real life. You can see the headlights are still on here for example.

Take a look at this thread. FD1003 has been gathering reports on all the new buffer problems.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. imstylinonyabro

The method of using !A only on Fuel Exchange 100% does not work for me. I am actually gonna try uncoupling the 5 cars at the stop where you uncouple thebanking loco so that it just skips that step at the end and hopefully no game crash. really sick of this bs.

I did however find a way toget auto runner done. All you have to do is manually uncouple every single car from front to back before sitting own in the train. then use free came to recouple every car front to back. Halfway or so, i noticed the gap between cars was getting large, so to avoid a derail when coupling, i backed the loco up a smidge. total joke this needs done, but at least the scenario *can* e completed.

9. imstylinonyabro

UPDATE 2: Fuel Exchange was able to be completed when i unhooked the banking loco AND the final 5 cars (each individually). When I got to the final stop, it skipped that step to the final waypoint you need to run to on the platform. not bad, 5 hours to do a 40 minute mission.

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I finally moved on to the freight work in MSB and after the tutorial, the first scenario you are presented with is Auto Runner.

(Playing on PC). And yes the instant you sit in the seat the message comes up as scenario failed due to derailment.

Unless this is a new problem and with apologies for slight sweary, but how the hell has this gone unfixed on a route which is now a veteran in TSW. This also means yet another route where it is impossible to proceed forward in Journey Mode because of a broken element.

There is no workround possible such as trying to drive from another cab as you need to follow the instructions to move through the scenario.

Can someone at DTG please take a look at sorting this, along with all the other routes that have broken Journey Modes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It’s a problem since SoS. DTG changed the (core) buffer and coupler physics and this had a (negative) knock-on effect on many routes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Big oops on their part then. Let's hope a solution will be found sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1